GDT: Caps @ Cbus 7pm (not televised but internetz stream)

Status
Not open for further replies.

HTFN

Feb 8, 2009
woof, this looks like jumbotron stuff with CBJ radio

I'll take it but damn

If I heard that right the starting line is Ovechkin - Lapierre - Miro with Jensen and Alexeyev

ClevelandCapsfan

May 24, 2021
Thanks. Big crowd on hand in Columbus to watch the Monsters play the Bears in AHL action.
1696547640104.png

HTFN

Feb 8, 2009
Thanks. Big crowd on hand in Columbus to watch the Monsters play the Bears in AHL action.View attachment 749311
I don't know about that, I've seen enough interesting guys even though I can't pin down the exact lines. I think Mantha-McMichael-Phillips is a thing right now, Protas is playing though I don't remember with who (just saw, Protas line is Frank and Limoges), and NAK and Malenstyn are there.

I know Jensen and Alexeyev, have seen Johansen and HaHaA

that's interesting enough for me

Loose ends: Sutter is the other 4th line guy, Priskie 3rd pair, still don't know the partner but I thought it was McIlrath for a second

also Malenstyn scored

Reactions: Marshall

Brian23

Dec 3, 2011
I cannot believe it is 2023 and the NHL still has games that are not available on TV.

And they instead have what looks like a 480p live stream on a website instead. I just cannot understand how this league remains 10 to 15 years behind everyone else.

HTFN

Feb 8, 2009
Mantha still sucks.
he's actually been okay so far, made a few good territory plays and got physical in the neutral zone.

he's still trying too hard in the wrong areas but at least he's also trying in the right ones tonight so far. it looks like they gave him a letter and said "go out and be that tonight" and he's moving more

HTFN

Feb 8, 2009
great shift by those AHL boys. Frank-Protas-Limoges with HHA and... I think it's Johansen over there?

they were dominating and Protas cashed it in

edit: that can't be right because I think Johansen is LD so it'd have to be Priskie or the guy I think is McIlrath

HTFN

Feb 8, 2009
This kind of puck movement is such a refreshing change from the Laviolette no-system system and the whole "slow the game down to get into position to do nothing" thing, everyone seems so much more available and better off as a result so far...

Miro dangerous there, showing it off a little. He's probably going to be pretty damn good. His role could still be anything going forward (because imagine if he's just one of those guys who can't convert) but with his physicality, motor, and hands he'll at least be a good 3rd liner if he wants it.

RedRocking

Jan 8, 2022
NoCal
This kind of puck movement is such a refreshing change from the Laviolette no-system system and the whole "slow the game down to get into position to do nothing" thing, everyone seems so much more available and better off as a result so far...

Miro dangerous there, showing it off a little. He's probably going to be pretty damn good. His role could still be anything going forward (because imagine if he's just one of those guys who can't convert) but with his physicality, motor, and hands he'll at least be a good 3rd liner if he wants it.
Yea, lots of give and go’s - guys actually cutting to the slot. It really is so much better than cycling for the sake of cycling.

Reactions: HTFN

HTFN

Feb 8, 2009
Yea, lots of give and go’s - guys actually cutting to the slot. It really is so much better than cycling for the sake of cycling.
I swear the system last year was for everyone including the defense to be allowed to settle comfortably into their places, and then the hope was that somebody would do something to capitalize or wait until the other team made a mistake, but all it usually meant was that they were relentlessly funneled into shit areas of the ice to take low-impact shots or high-risk passes as the most productive way out, and then all hammer back to defense immediately.

So far this year and this game specifically they've been so much farther ahead of the play and utilizing the puck as the fastest focal point a defense needs to adjust to, it's just a lot better. They absolutely dominated that period and pretty consistently forced impact plays in the offensive zone

um

Sep 4, 2008
toronto
he's actually been okay so far, made a few good territory plays and got physical in the neutral zone.

he's still trying too hard in the wrong areas but at least he's also trying in the right ones tonight so far. it looks like they gave him a letter and said "go out and be that tonight" and he's moving more
Even when he gets chances and looks good he finds a spectacular ways to blow, usually due to his lack of decision making or he stops moving his legs.

HTFN

Feb 8, 2009
Even when he gets chances and looks good he finds a spectacular ways to blow, usually due to his lack of decision making or he stops moving his legs.
the finish isn't there but honestly with him right now, just appreciate that the process is there more than in the first games because it's something we're kind of stuck with

Langway

In den Wolken
Jul 7, 2006
I know it's early days and everyone's trying to impress but you've got to really like their areas of emphasis. It's nothing fancy. It's just simple fundamental hockey: crisp exits and prioritizing the home plate area at both ends. Execute diligently, funnel pucks and they'll put themselves on solid ground to have success.

Two greasy goals...exactly what the staff is looking for. Not sure how much of that they'll naturally get from Kuznetsov, Mantha and the likes of McMichael and Phillips. They're a bit softer than they've been some years. But there are also alternatives to at least some of them internally if need be.

Reactions: RedRocking and HTFN
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad