GDT: Caps @ Bruins - 9/23/13 @ 7 PM

Dream Big

Jun 10, 2005
Axis Mundi
That right there is the prime example why taking your helmet off should still be allowed. More guys are going to get hurt punching helmets than they are falling and hitting their heads. :laugh:

Are they allowed to bandage their knuckles? Fewer bloody knuckles from hitting the helmet.

SimplySensational

Heard of Hough
Mar 27, 2011
VA
Perreault and Erat have great chemistry, Oates put Perry and Laich together for 4 on 4 OT.

I don't get this man and his OT pairings.

Langway

In den Wolken
Jul 7, 2006
Grabovski looks legit. Creative, hustling, moving. Pretty solid debut under the circumstances.

Lines one and three seem to be worth keeping together. Erat & Perreault can maybe do some damage in a reduced a soft minute scoring line role, leaving Laich at LW with Grabovski. Swap Brouwer & Wilson at RW between those two lines as performance dictates. Scrap lines altogether as performance dictates. It's a bit more versatile lineup and one that should give the coaching staff the option of being performaced-based when it comes to TOI. Kind of strange to perhaps not have a designated fourth line but it should put heat on lines/players.

brs03

Coo coo ca cha!
Jun 2, 2008
Maryland
Erat, Grabovski, Perreault all stood out today... which I guess is to be expected. Laich looked decent late. I realize Mitchell has no finish and never will, but I was impressed with how well he kept up with Erat and Perreault. Plays didn't die on his stick with them nearly as much as I thought they would.

Carrick was playing a high risk game, like a guy who knows he's not playing for an NHL job, he's just there to show what he can do. I enjoyed it.

SimplySensational

Heard of Hough
Mar 27, 2011
VA
So lets talk about those OT forward pairings.

Erat and Perry doing work during regulation together so the obvious answer for OT is.... Perry + Laich!

Then Grabovski + Latta.

Then Erat + Wilson.

brs03

Coo coo ca cha!
Jun 2, 2008
Maryland
So lets talk about those OT forward pairings.

Erat and Perry doing work during regulation together so the obvious answer for OT is.... Perry + Laich!

Then Grabovski + Latta.

Then Erat + Wilson.

Erat-Grabovski-Wilson and Laich-Perreault-Brouwer saw some time in the 3rd period, so that's part of why the OT lines were different. Meaningless preseason game, why not see how different combos look?

Langway

In den Wolken
Jul 7, 2006
Byers takes 17 minutes in penalties to Volpatti's seven yet still plays more (11:43 to 9:15). Latta (14:38) played more than Beagle (13:22) but Latta's PP time accounts for it.

Schmidt is coming along nicely. He reminds me of Morgan Rielly with his slick stickhandling.

Hivemind

We're Touched
Oct 8, 2010
Philadelphia
Erat has looked good both next to Perreault and Grabovski. Then again, Perreault and Grabo play more of a similar game than people give them credit for.

Didn't see much chemistry from Laich or Brouwer with Grabovski.

Schmidt and Schilling continue to look really good, especially with the puck on their stick. Schmidt did have that awful turnover that almost led to a breakaway, but he had enough hustle to get back and stop Iginla. He obviously had no chance against Chara in the crease on his deflection goal, though. :laugh:

Wey has been really disappointing this pre-season. Looks really outclassed a lot of the time. He's not awful in his own end, but he's been terrible with the puck and rarely seems on the same page as his partners (though being with Cajovsky can't be the best scenario for him).

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad