Post-Game Talk: Caps Bruins 5pm

Status
Not open for further replies.

tenken00

Oh it's going down in Chinatown
Jan 29, 2010
It was nice to see hockey again, and some of the young guys looked pretty good. Feverbaby’s wheels should help that backend.

I only got to see the first half, but it seemed like Fever was literally everywhere everytime he stepped on the ice. Hitting, defending, moving the puck, on the boards, on the rush, backchecking, making the entry pass, taking shots. It didn't even seem like Schultz was on the ice 5 on 5.

Him and Has I thought had a good half of a game from what I saw on the ice.

tenken00

Oh it's going down in Chinatown
Jan 29, 2010
Kinda want McIlrath in the lineup so the refs don’t pay attention to Wilson.

That was McIlrath's man right in front of the goal crease standing next to McIlrath that scored the first goal early on. I could be wrong though, but thought McIlrath was way too passive on that.

Alexander the Gr8

May 2, 2013
Toronto
Watching the highlights of this game and training camp, 3 guys stick out noticeably. Lapierre, McMichael and Snively. Those are 3 really crafty forwards, at least one of them needs to make the opening night roster.

Also, Sprong looks lethal with his shot now. I think he will score over 20 goals this season for us.

zappa4ever

Music is the Best!
Feb 10, 2010
MD/VA/WV intersection
Nice to see some Live Hockey again, good to see JoeB and Locker's doofus faces
Caps overall had a pretty good game despite the tie; hope some of the yutes stand out and make Lavi's (et al) decisions very tough for cuts

Why shootout in pre-season? It’s stupid in the regular season
Like it or not, it's part of the game and DIRECTLY affects the standings, if you've got 10 Shootouts in a season that's 10 Standings Points you can take advantage of
Last thing I'd want is to go 2-8 in shootouts and miss the Playoffs b/c we didn't ever practice them

BiPolar Caps

Feb 9, 2010
NOVA
Can someone hit me with knowledge of that Joe snively kid?

pretty sure I know his mother…maybe.
Local boy, grew up in Herndon, Virginia played for the Reston Raiders youth hockey team, went to Landon High School in Bethesda for a year and then to South Kent Academy a boarding school in Connecticut before going to Yale where he was on the hockey team. His father's an Optometrist in Vienna, Virginia and a Capitals STH.

Reactions: kicksavedave

Hivemind

We're Touched
Oct 8, 2010
Philadelphia
Local boy, grew up in Herndon, Virginia played for the Reston Raiders youth hockey team, went to Landon High School in Bethesda for a year and then to South Kent Academy a boarding school in Connecticut before going to Yale where he was on the hockey team. His father's an Optometrist in Vienna, Virginia and a Capitals STH.
BiPolar Caps confirmed to also know Joe Snively's mother :sarcasm:

Reactions: kicksavedave

Chokingdogs

Apr 18, 2006

lol. I knew it. Went to his mother for eye stuff for years. Saw his father when I lived in Vienna as well.

Reactions: Calicaps
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad