Post-Game Talk: Caps @Bolts G5 7:15 PM

Status
Not open for further replies.

RandyHolt

Keep truckin'
Nov 3, 2006
13-43 after being up 2-0?

You cannot make this stuff up.

We have THE most pathetic obscure playoff records, with more surfacing every year... how is this f***ing possible? 13-44 is clearly pending. Maybe we can make it 14-44 but like when watching Waiting to Exhale, I won't hold my breath.

I wouldn't mind if Barry went back to Grubby as a shakeup for the team. Same with putting some kids in the lineup. Chaisson and Conno should not be above the odd scratch. Barry changed up his lines and since he got a goal out of it he may feel compelled to stick to the same lineup. But being 0-8 vs Tampa at home says we need to do something different. 0-9 Pending....

Lindemann

Apr 7, 2017
GMBM was right, when you played scared and without confidence, you grip your sticks tighter which causes all those goals and passes you easily made in the past go away

This is what’s happening now and was since game 3

One more game to see if Trotz can coach up a game

VaCaps Fan

Sponsor
Feb 18, 2018
Sorry guys for buying a bunch of 2000-2006 Caps stuff that might have jinxed us. I knew the Jagr picture was bad news....

Last edited:

VaCaps Fan

Sponsor
Feb 18, 2018
Trotz needs to go balls out with the young and fast skaters to escape TB's boring trap....

maacoshark

Jul 22, 2017
Biggest problem last game was that our top d pair played like a bottom pair. They cost us all 3 goals and also gave up several other high quality scoring chances. The poor play in the defensive zone and neutral zone is why we had so few scoring chances in the first half if the game.

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007
Biggest problem last game was that our top d pair played like a bottom pair. They cost us all 3 goals and also gave up several other high quality scoring chances. The poor play in the defensive zone and neutral zone is why we had so few scoring chances in the first half if the game.

This is half true. When they did reach the offensive zone they seemed lost. "Ok I've got the puck in space and there are some trailers coming...but they're covered. What do I do?" It seemed like they were looking for the same one-time play to the slot all game long and when it wasn't there they would freeze or just make some half-assed move to skate free. If I had a nickel for every blind backhand or drop pass they attempted the last 3 games...

If Tampa is going to play a tighter defensive game that way then the Caps need to have those cutters going to the net like Kuzy did, and the puckhandlers have to make a quick decision to become shooters instead of holding the puck trying to find the perfect pass.

And we can just about throw away any analysis of the strategies or play after the third TB goal because the Boltz were no longer trying to score they were protecting the lead.

VaCaps Fan

Sponsor
Feb 18, 2018
I need a distraction from the Caps play yesterday. We need a young guns speed show tomorrow!

Capsman

Nov 21, 2008
13-43 after being up 2-0?

You cannot make this stuff up.

We have THE most pathetic obscure playoff records, with more surfacing every year... how is this ****ing possible? 13-44 is clearly pending. Maybe we can make it 14-44 but like when watching Waiting to Exhale, I won't hold my breath.

I wouldn't mind if Barry went back to Grubby as a shakeup for the team. Same with putting some kids in the lineup. Chaisson and Conno should not be above the odd scratch. Barry changed up his lines and since he got a goal out of it he may feel compelled to stick to the same lineup. But being 0-8 vs Tampa at home says we need to do something different. 0-9 Pending....
I think going back to Holtby gave the team confidence against Columbus. Going to Grubauer now will signal panic and “I don’t know what else to do”.

Honestly all these guys need to do is simplify the game in all 3 zones. And by that I don’t mean dump and chase. Send the puck out the of the zone quicker, don’t mess around with fancy plays in the neutral zone, and send pucks toward the net.

Reactions: VaCaps Fan

maacoshark

Jul 22, 2017
I think going back to Holtby gave the team confidence against Columbus. Going to Grubauer now will signal panic and “I don’t know what else to do”.

Honestly all these guys need to do is simplify the game in all 3 zones. And by that I don’t mean dump and chase. Send the puck out the of the zone quicker, don’t mess around with fancy plays in the neutral zone, and send pucks toward the net.
If the team can limit mistakes in front of Holtby we will be fine. I think our poor play in the defensive zone and neutral zone is what hurt the offense. Can't generate offense if you are turning the puck over in the neutral zone. Once we gained the zone we were fine. Except when Eller would try a toe drag entering the zone and would turn it over. He did that 3 or 4 times. Once when we were making a line change. We were fortunate not to get caught. Eller tries to carry the puck too much. Sometimes you have to get it deep or dish to a teammate a bit quicker

maacoshark

Jul 22, 2017
Wtf.....what true Caps fans posts Jagr bull**** here? The worst cancer this franchise has ever seen?

Poor ****ing form.
I agree. When he was here I didn't have as much interest in the Caps. I still followed them but when they lost out it was no big deal.

VaCaps Fan

Sponsor
Feb 18, 2018
I think with backstrom back that Barry has gotten too conservative again in his approach. Young guns puts us over Pittsburgh!

Reactions: calicapsfan

VaCaps Fan

Sponsor
Feb 18, 2018
I honestly think that would be a mistake. We have the right guys in the lineup. We just need to execute.
Ovi was an example of that yesterday! If Trotz has the same guys tomorrow, they all need to play like that. EDIT: Jagr is gone!

HandsomeTom43

May 2, 2018
I think they should panic. In my head I know they shouldn't go back to Gruby but, I don't know. Losing 3 in a row and 2 at home is reprehensible, but none of us can pretend like we're truly surprised. I'm resigned at this point. I expect them to lose this series and that's fine. This feels like another series loss from the previous decade and it fits the narrative. I have no more expectations so hopefully they can get that game 7 series win, but if they don't I think I'll just appreciate the season for the good moments. Pittsburgh and Columbus were truly fun series, and this one started off great but has flatlined. Let's see if they can resuscitate themselves.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad