GDT: Caps @ Avs | 1/24/23 | 9:00pm ET

BallardEra

Leafs&Caps Since 1982™
Dec 26, 2017
East York, Ontario
For the talk that we have lots of forward depth...I agree...but we don't have much scoring depth. It's pretty much just Ovie and Strome. GMBM needs to figure out how to acquire some scoring help.
Yep. Ovechkin has 31 goals.

The next three guys combined have 35 goals.

That's not gonna cut it come playoff time, assuming they even make it.

Langway

In den Wolken
Jul 7, 2006
Buffalo looking increasingly like a threat to their playoff spot. They're young, gaining confidence and have the flexibility to add at the deadline if they mainly just want to give their group meaningful games down the stretch. It's a team with a lot less pressure.

Mac is probably going to need to act and pull another magic trick out of his hat for them to make it. They've had a lot of players step up but a cold PP and overtaxed blueline make just underlines further their lack of 5v5 punch.

ovikovy817

May 23, 2015
Belgium
At least Ovi scored.

What happened to Willy? Ho

Apparently Caps dominated the late in the game. It seems like this team plays well when they're hurt.

AlexBrovechkin8

At least there was 2018.
Sponsor
Feb 18, 2012
District of Champions
I thought the team played decently, again in a loss.
Yeah, they did. Much like the Wild game and a few others they’ve lost recently they should have left with two points. Teams go through stretches like this when the puck won’t go in for you and it feels like any mistake or chance the other way ends up in your net. Frustrating but they have to fight through it, and fast. Can’t let this spiral into February.

I do think this shines a light on the lack of finishing talent in their top six. You can’t just outwork teams systematically every night, especially when your team is old as f***. You need guys who can make something from nothing and create offense. Can’t expect to grind teams to death for all of your goals, especially when the PP is ass and provides no support.

1674670600940.png

SecretaryofDefense5

Mar 20, 2022
Washington DC
Yeah, they did. Much like the Wild game and a few others they’ve lost recently they should have left with two points. Teams go through stretches like this when the puck won’t go in for you and it feels like any mistake or chance the other way ends up in your net. Frustrating but they have to fight through it, and fast. Can’t let this spiral into February.

I do think this shines a light on the lack of finishing talent in their top six. You can’t just outwork teams systematically every night, especially when your team is old as f***. You need guys who can make something from nothing and create offense. Can’t expect to grind teams to death for all of your goals, especially when the PP is ass and provides no support.

View attachment 641254
Absolutely. They worked their ass off last night but hard to win when you have basically a line that can score.

Reactions: AlexBrovechkin8

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad