Post-Game Talk: Caps and Coyotes 7:00 PM

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bladerunner

Aug 12, 2009
N VA
Panthers destroying Blackhawks 7-0
They've been so strong the 2nd half and last quarter of the reg season. With Minny's slump they just about have the Central wrapped up.

I've seen the Hawks get plastered in a March game by a so so team and go on to a long playoff run if not a SC. Wish the Caps had half the playoff success of Chicago.

Calicaps

NFA
Aug 3, 2006
Almost Canada
Such a weird game. All that talk about needing more net-front presence, and they score 3 quick goals off the rush. Smith just got tired or what?

illpucks

May 26, 2011
GR8tuH2.jpg

Sep 19, 2008
On red line going home now, great game. Thought it'd end 1-0 but it didn't. Half off pizza tomorrow and about time, nothing to eat in the house!!!

aonb

Oct 26, 2013
Such a weird game. All that talk about needing more net-front presence, and they score 3 quick goals off the rush. Smith just got tired or what?

coyotes are often allowing goals in very short period of time, seems to be mental issue. little more pressure and they are done. just look at their last game vs panthers

bacchist

lumpy, lumpy head
Feb 7, 2013
Fun is one thing, not playing half the ice is another. If you let a couple guys off the hook you will lose the team.

I don't think the team is that fragile. You don't just "lose" a team after consecutive Presidents' Trophy seasons.

illpucks

May 26, 2011
The team looks better than last season at this point. That's a good thing.

Burakovsky's return has really boosted this team.

With all the win streak only 3 points over the Pens. It's a tough race.

Burakovsky is really key to the success of the team going forward. I hope he is healthy come playoff time.

Corby78

65 - 10 - 20
Jan 14, 2014
Ramstein Germany
I don't think the team is that fragile. You don't just "lose" a team after consecutive Presidents' Trophy seasons.

You can just "lose" a team if you don't keep guys accountable. How many presidents trophies they have just proves that guys haven't been allowed to loaf and its deemed acceptable. Also if Bura can't handle sitting a couple shifts after he screws up and stops hustling, then he isn't going to last long in the NHL.

Bananas

Sponsor
Mar 26, 2007
I still don't think we've found our peak game. It's trending in the right direction though, which is all you want from these last games. Keep building ...

ovikovy817

May 23, 2015
Belgium
I imagine what were the feelings of Pens/BJ fans when Arizona tied that game and were on the PP. :laugh:

PS: for those who wanna laugh, 2:26:40 with the coyotes feed. I don't know who is their Laughlin, but he should stop his thoughts after the first sentence lol.
Or maybe my english is so bad, and he wanted to say, that the score should be 10-0 for Caps after two periods.

Last edited:

amjay13

Jan 7, 2007
Scottsdale, AZ
I imagine what were the feelings of Pens/BJ fans when Arizona tied that game and were on the PP. :laugh:

PS: for those who wanna laugh, 2:26:40 with the coyotes feed. I don't know who is their Laughlin, but he should stop his thoughts after the first sentence lol.
Or maybe my english is so bad, and he wanted to say, that the score should be 10-0 for Caps after two periods.

It is Tyson Nash and he is terrible.

Having a tight division race will be a good thing come April. No letting up like they did last year.

Alexander the Gr8

May 2, 2013
Toronto
Didn't see the game last night, but the thing that confuses me about him is he's 6'3 205lbs, amazing shot but gets knocked off the puck so easily. It baffles me.

He needs to put more effort on the back check, but I think he's doing his best in puck battles. He's noticeably stronger than last year.

Ovie's Neighbor

Jan 23, 2007
Didn't see the game last night, but the thing that confuses me about him is he's 6'3 205lbs, amazing shot but gets knocked off the puck so easily. It baffles me.

There is no way he is 205. I know he is listed at that but I would bet he is more 185-190.

Fallschirmyager

Jun 25, 2009

Winnik's first goal he should have had. The Williams goal was a perfect shot. It clipped the top of his shoulder before going back bar. The Ovy goal is just another Ovy goal. He brought the glove up to guess top shelf and Ovy went under it. Smith played a great game or the CAPS would have won by at least 7-1.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad