Caps 2015 Pre-Draft Talk

fedfed

@FedFedRMNB
Oct 28, 2010
Moscow City
I don't think the Caps will make the playoffs. 10-14 range again. Strome. And Bittner as an annual "let's trade down for this kid" candidate.

trick9

Jun 2, 2013
I don't think the Caps will make the playoffs. 10-14 range again. Strome. And Bittner as an annual "let's trade down for this kid" candidate.

East sucks. Seeing how close they got with Oates and last years defense i'd be shocked if they didn't make the playoffs.

Langway

In den Wolken
Jul 7, 2006
I can see anywhere from 6-18. Injuries always being a factor beyond that but on paper that's about how I'd stack them up with the rest of the league. Granted, a wide range.

Yet another episode of Draft A Damn Center: Barzal, Strome, White, Roy.

SimplySensational

Heard of Hough
Mar 27, 2011
VA
The Pred had 2 less points than the Capitals last year, while Rinne was atrocious and Hutton was the starter most of the season.

Burakovsky95*

I literally have no idea where we'll finish this year. Early on I've liked what I've seen/heard about Barzal and Sprong. Also have a strong feeling Pilon will rise.

fedfed

@FedFedRMNB
Oct 28, 2010
Moscow City
East sucks. Seeing how close they got with Oates and last years defense i'd be shocked if they didn't make the playoffs.

You look at the Metro: Pens, Flyers and Rangers are better than us, then there are Jackets and us and Islanders who I think are close.

Yes, Islanders. They even have better top-six than us (Tavares, Okposo, Grabner, Grabovski/Nielsen, Strome, and Nelson/Kulemin/Bailey).

I have a feeling Caps will have a slow start switching to Trotz hockey, and when it's this tight, it's hard to make up ground if you were slow out of the gates.

fedfed

@FedFedRMNB
Oct 28, 2010
Moscow City
Caps will be top 2 in the Metro. Will pick in the 20s. Will take a winger.

You forgot European.

Then Nikita Korostelev sounds like our guy ;)

Another annual Draft exercise is connection picks. Jakob Forsbacka-Karlsson played with Vrana for Linkoping J20 in 2012-13 and will be playing with Spinner and Gersich for Omaha this year. He's a Swedish center that may go somewhere in the second round.

Hivemind

We're Touched
Oct 8, 2010
Philadelphia
I won't ever root for tankings, but the top three picks this year are just so damn good. If there's ever a year to utterly suck, this is it.

Langway

In den Wolken
Jul 7, 2006
lloyd2.jpg

AlexBrovechkin8

At least there was 2018.
Sponsor
Feb 18, 2012
District of Champions
You look at the Metro: Pens, Flyers and Rangers are better than us, then there are Jackets and us and Islanders who I think are close.

Yes, Islanders. They even have better top-six than us (Tavares, Okposo, Grabner, Grabovski/Nielsen, Strome, and Nelson/Kulemin/Bailey).

I have a feeling Caps will have a slow start switching to Trotz hockey, and when it's this tight, it's hard to make up ground if you were slow out of the gates.

I don't think the Flyers are better than us without Timmo, and the Rangers are maybe marginally so. I also don't think the Islanders top 6 is better right now but it probably will be in the near future.

I won't be surprised with anything from 2-6.

searle

Jan 24, 2014
England
I won't ever root for tankings, but the top three picks this year are just so damn good. If there's ever a year to utterly suck, this is it.

I think I'm more excited about Eichel than McDavid, imagine not having the second line centre discussion for another FIFTEEN YEARS

Burakovsky95*

Wouldn't exactly call their top 6 "better" than ours. Grabner is overrated because of one year and the only question really is how you view Kuznetsov. I also don't think Philly is much better than us either.

Ovechkin, Backstrom, Kuznetsov, Brouwer and a combo of Laich/Mojo/Burakovsky/Fehr is on par with the Isles in my opinion.

KevinM

Feb 7, 2012
D.C.
Mosdef an excellent tank year. Hard to imagine the caps being there barring some catastrophic injuries.
If Holtby falters and Backstrom goes out things will get real ugly, but even then I don't think we stand a chance to challenge for a top 3 pick.

Langway

In den Wolken
Jul 7, 2006
In that 12-20 range I like:

- Evgeny Svechnikov: if he falls due to Russian Factor
- Zach Werenski: complete LD
- Colin White: complete RH center
- Mitchell Marner, Kyle Connor & Jeremy Bracco: not big but skilled NA wingers
- Mikko Rantanen: fits the Euro winger template

Langway

In den Wolken
Jul 7, 2006
Future Considerations top 100 released.

In the nine-ish range I like anyone from 9-13 in FC's rankings along with Merkley. JRoy wouldn't be a bad fit either should Green move on, regardless of the existing RD prospects.

Barzal is out until 2015 with a knee injury and may tumble in more lists for now.

Holtbyisms

Matt Irwin is a legit talent
Jul 1, 2012
Bedford, PA
Future Considerations top 100 released.

In the nine-ish range I like anyone from 9-13 in FC's rankings along with Merkley. JRoy wouldn't be a bad fit either should Green move on, regardless of the existing RD prospects.

Barzal is out until 2015 with a knee injury and may tumble in more lists for now.

As long as we don't draft Filip Ahl...he's destined for Hershey forever... :(

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad