Post-Game Talk: Caps 1 Oilers 0

KeithIsActuallyBad

You thrust your pelvis, huh!
Apr 12, 2010
Calgary
Shrug. You could see it coming. They blew all their offensive opportunities.

Caps wouldn't be shut out. Oilers gonna Oiler.

Del Preston

Mar 8, 2013
Idiotic coaching in the third. Why the **** would you put your 4th line out for a defensive zone faceoff? :banghead:

Yet another game where they should have gotten at least a point.

Joey Moss

Aug 29, 2008
Hall's worst game of the season..

Scratch Letestu please. This one is on him.

NedPlimpton

Mar 23, 2013
Near Fantastica
Did Hall have a stroke or something midway through the third? it's like he completely forgot how to play hockey. Just threw the puck away to some Caps players several times.

Forgot About Drai

Dr Drai the Second
Jul 10, 2009
Edmonton
Halls worst game of the season.

Whatever though, he wins us more games then he loses for us. He'll bounce back. No way he gets stopped 3-4 times like that again.

Burnt Biscuits

May 2, 2010
Alzner and Holtby were ridiculously good this game. Letestu stuck out as someone I'd like to play better.

syz

[1, 5, 6, 14]
Jul 13, 2007
As fine as Nilsson was, Holtby obviously won the battle.

And the Caps 4th line went out and muscled out a goal, something I don't think the Oilers have seen yet this year.

stratedge

My relationship with the Oilers is abusive.
Jul 25, 2007
Calgary, AB
The lesson here is that when you have a game like that where the pretty plays aren't making it to the net, you need to fall back to simple hockey with point shots, screens, tips, and rebounds. This team NEVER does that. It's fancy or it's not at all. If you watched the Oilers and the Oilers only, you wouldn't even think screening the goalie was a thing in hockey.

This brand of hockey Edmonton plays is easy to box up and stifle for the leagues top teams, and it always will be, no matter how much experience the players get.

McDrai

Mar 29, 2009
Win 1 Lose 3, Win 1 Lose 4, Win 1 Lose 3, Win 1 Lose 4, etc,etc,etc

t0nedeff

Jun 29, 2010
team? more like the 3rd and 4th lines got sloppy. The only extended time in our zone in that third was because of them and especially the 3rd line.

On that note thee Pou-RNH-Eberle have done absolutely nothing (barely any opportunities) since they've been put back together.

Suxnet

Jan 4, 2012
Hall played like garbage, but if he isn't scoring then who is?

As much as people have talked about the Oilers being bad defensively, this team has never been good offensively either.

KeithIsActuallyBad

You thrust your pelvis, huh!
Apr 12, 2010
Calgary
Excellent game. I think we played 55 minutes better than the Caps... Tough but their are signs of a good team here.

Moral victories are not enough when you're in 30th place. Find a way to win. The Oilers simply cannot do that.

The Capitals were asleep for the majority of the game and the Oilers put up a goose egg. It's sad that teams only need to play for a fraction of the game to beat us.

McAsuno

Jul 10, 2013
Edmonton
Hall played like garbage, but if he isn't scoring then who is?

As much as people have talked about the Oilers being bad defensively, this team has never been good offensively either.

Guy is our top producer and yet our good ol bottom 6 line can barely score, so fans might as well **** on Hall anyways. :laugh:

McDeathbyCheerios*

Halls worst game of the season.

Whatever though, he wins us more games then he loses for us. He'll bounce back. No way he gets stopped 3-4 times like that again.
The thing is, we shouldn't need Hall to be going to win games too.

Nuge was pretty bad.

Bottom six was awful.

And Holtby is a god.

I'm mad that we lost but I'm not upset at how the team played.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad