What teams are on Logan's List?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Reggae Shark

Sep 30, 2018
Kings
Leaf's
Sabres

If he actually came to the idea he would be okay leaving I could see him considering any serious contender. Couture wants to win, no question about it, that's what I like about him.

landshark

They'll paint the donkey teal if you pay.
Sponsor
Mar 15, 2003
outer richmond dist
Kings
Leaf's
Sabres

If he actually came to the idea he would be okay leaving I could see him considering any serious contender. Couture wants to win, no question about it, that's what I like about him.
I think that's the point of the list tho. He turns it in to GMMG. GMMG can trade Cooter to any of those three teams and Cooter has no leverage contractually to stop it. GMMG would obviously have to find someone to trade with... Ploff team maybe, but then he's on until 2027, so yeah.

Red Light Lover

Jun 6, 2015
Oakland, CA
Toronto because it's his hometown, Buffalo because that was his favorite team growing up, and Sens because he played his Jrs there and maybe that means something to him?

Reactions: landshark

landshark

They'll paint the donkey teal if you pay.
Sponsor
Mar 15, 2003
outer richmond dist
Crap, I want a Venn diagram now. You all ever have a hankering for a Venn diagram?

Cooter's general geographical preferences based on completely anecdotal evidence, teams headed to the ploffs, teams with the players/cap space to make a decent hockey deal... those would be the circles for the diagram.

I'm not usually up this late. Shoulda gone with the indica.

DG93

Jun 29, 2010
San Jose
There is no way Toronto can afford him, but I'm sure they're on the list. Buffalo would be great because they have tons of space, but they're deep in a rebuild so can't see him going there. Ottawa may be taking a big step with the DeBrincat, Talbot, and Giroux additions to complement the young core. Adding a very good top-6 forward in Couture with a playoff reputation would be huge. Red Wings are slowly getting better too, so he'd be a good fit as well. I think Ottawa would be our best bet - a top-6 of Tkachuk-Norris-Giroux, Stuetzle-Couture-DeBrincat+ Batherson, Chabot, and Talbot would be quite fun to watch.

Reggae Shark

Sep 30, 2018
I think that's the point of the list tho. He turns it in to GMMG. GMMG can trade Cooter to any of those three teams and Cooter has no leverage contractually to stop it. GMMG would obviously have to find someone to trade with... Ploff team maybe, but then he's on until 2027, so yeah.

Yes that's completely correct.

However, GMMG has already established himself as a players GM, similarly to DW, but prob not as unrelentingly loyal to a fault as DW (see MEV contract).

GMMG worked with Burns as much as possible. He's not gonna Hooberdough Coots. Although considering the hole were in contractually that sort of GM might be able to unload these anchors faster.

Selachimorpha

Feb 18, 2015
I think his choices can be broken into a few different groups that can all be reasoned for at different points in time:

Group 1 - "Take Me Home"
Toronto
Detroit
Buffalo

Group 2 - "I Want to Win"
Tampa Bay
Colorado

Group 3 - "F You"
Vegas
Anaheim
Los Angeles

Group 4 - "F Taxes"
Dallas
Nashville
Florida/TBL
Vegas

Group 5 - "I'm Not Moving, So Don't Try"
Anyone over the cap (Washington, Tampa Bay, etc.)

Gecklund

Jul 17, 2012
California
I got Leafs, Sabres, and Avs but if asked to waive, I think it’ll be similar to Burns where he’s willing to add more teams to that. With that said, I think there’s close to 0 possibility he’s asked to waive.

Barrie22

Shark fan in hiding
Aug 11, 2009
ontario
Was gonna say the same three teams. I don’t really get the Buffalo picks; I don’t think he’d base his decision on the Bills especially given how the Sabres are. Higher likelihood that he’d pick the Leafs.
Buffalo is the closeness to home, obviously the leafs are the main team for that, but they also could not afford the 8 mil per year for another 4 seasons.

Gecklund

Jul 17, 2012
California
Was gonna say the same three teams. I don’t really get the Buffalo picks; I don’t think he’d base his decision on the Bills especially given how the Sabres are. Higher likelihood that he’d pick the Leafs.
I thought the Sabres were his favorite team growing up. Also I think they are going to turn things around this year (but also they’ve been saying that for YEARS).

• Haha

DG93

Jun 29, 2010
San Jose
Either that, or he's delusional
I don't think Couture is delusional...there's a reason he's good friends with Doughty. Both have mailed it in while their teams have sucked and are rebuilding. A little bit more surprising in Couture's case considering he didn't have 2 cups prior to the rebuild...

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad