Post-Game Talk: Capitals vs Swamp Cats, 7:30 @ Verizon

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dream Big

Jun 10, 2005
Axis Mundi
can any single person explain why laich was getting so much ice time when we actually had a chance to come back? and Zack ****ing Sill on with the empty net while Kuzentsov was on the bench? what the ****

Maybe see what the team has going into the trade deadline.

Capsman

Nov 21, 2008
Fla has wrapped the puck around and out of their zone up those left boards over and over and over again. And consistently nobody is there to stop it. All about timing, which we had none of.

bur and 666 others

Jun 13, 2012
why not continue empty net even though we were scored on? i mean we are loosing anyway, why not to try to score and practice for the next time and playoffs?

bobbybobcat11

Feb 11, 2010
Panthers are a legitimate team now. They have a stud core group coupled with some of the better vets in the league. I wonder how they will fair once Luongo/Jagr are no longer with them. But that core of Huberdeau, Barkov, Ekblad, and Bjugstad is a great group to build around for sure

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007
I wonder if we'll see more games like this as Trotz and company try to keep from getting strung out down the stretch

EroCaps

Aug 24, 2003
Virginia
Eh, Caps carried most of that game.

No Ovechkin. No Holtby. No Orpik.

Not panicking. On the plus side, maybe they won't get complacent at the deadline.

Alexander the Gr8

May 2, 2013
Toronto
Hopefully not the real flu. That goes through a team.

If he has the flu you put him in quarantine for a few days. We have way too many injuries right now, we don't need diseases spreading. If Chorney is out, Stanton plays?

I don't really care that we lost tonight (no one will remember that when the playoffs start), but at least we get to **** up the Isles and quiet their crybaby fans. We haven't had two consecutive regulation losses with 48 games in the book, and we're still 15 pts ahead of the Rags.

txpd

Jan 25, 2003
New Bern, NC
I stopped watching at 3-0. We are blaming Galiev why? He wasn't on for a goal against. He's not the reason they lost. 3 goals in 11 shots wasn't good. the pp without 8 and 90 didn't produce.

But its Galiev?

Capitals40

Nov 14, 2014
Summerville, SC
This is not a surprise, or a bad thing. Plus there is no way to keep up the win percentage...just not sustainable...especially with our schedule. Yes we have injuries, but so does almost every team in the league. All I care about is come playoff time we are primed, healthy and ready to go.

No reason to call out individual players....only the 2nd game in 2 weeks...sometimes losses are a good thing.

RandyHolt

Keep truckin'
Nov 3, 2006
I wonder if we'll see more games like this as Trotz and company try to keep from getting strung out down the stretch

Our team is largely set. Trotz already knows what lines he likes. I think its wise to prepare for adversity that is guaranteed in a long run.

Richards on PK1, Wilson getting PP time, at minimum testing them in new roles and keeping them motivated.

Calicaps

NFA
Aug 3, 2006
Almost Canada
I stopped watching at 3-0. We are blaming Galiev why? He wasn't on for a goal against. He's not the reason they lost. 3 goals in 11 shots wasn't good. the pp without 8 and 90 didn't produce.

But its Galiev?

Galiev wasn't to blame, but given a HUGE opportunity, he had nothing and was invisible. The first line was irrelevant Langley as a result of that.

AtNightWeFly

You better run.
Jun 1, 2014
Upstate NY

But its Galiev?

We're not blaming him. All we're doing is pointing out his uselessness!

He still hasn't scored a goal. :dunno:

txpd

Jan 25, 2003
New Bern, NC
All of this. Also no Mojo. (Can't believe that's become a factor, but there it is.)

The Caps pp relies on that diagonal pressure between the right wing corner and left point. Both of those guys were missing. Not surprised that they struggled. 90 is more important to pp1 than people realize I think.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad