Post-Game Talk: Capitals vs Swamp Cats, 7:30 @ Verizon

Status
Not open for further replies.

hb12xchamps

Dec 23, 2011
Pennsylvania
He had multiple opportunities...when is the last time Laich, Wilson, Latta, Richards...I can go on....had multiple opprotunities? You think his skill had something to do with having multiple opportunites?

Those are awful comparisons. If they score goals then great, but that's not exactly their role.

strungout

Professional Killer
Jul 1, 2002
North Carolina
How can anyone defend Galiev at this point? The guy has been given multiple opportunities to get regular playing time and can't stay in the lineup. He had no business being on the first line and Trotz finally demoted him to the 4th in the 3rd period. His defensive capabilities are suspect at best and he has yet to score a goal which is his best quality as a player.
Im pretty sure no one can.

Its time to fill that roster spot with someone else...for sure.

twabby

Mar 9, 2010
Overall the Caps didn't look terrible last night. Their PP and PK let them down but at even strength they vastly outplayed Florida despite being without two of their top forwards. Holtby for sure stops the third goal and maybe one of the other goals, so the deck was completely stacked against the team.

I expect a much better performance tomorrow against the Islanders.

bur and 666 others

Jun 13, 2012
We lost, but at least the 3rd was fun. We have another sniper in Bura! OMG, what a player! He was so much fun to watch, hitting, skating, sniping.

Orlov and Shmidt were fun to watch too, their speed and skill are so unbelievable. During our attempted comeback, I thought this team was so fast and skilled with Orlov, Shmidt, Bura, Kuzy and Tom Wilson skating and making opposition fall on their assess.

Credit where credit is due: Florida played an excellent game. It seems they have a good game plan against us. Seems giving us always a trouble (i dont know exactly, but it feels like that). So I'm a little bit worried about that coming to the playoffs.

twabby

Mar 9, 2010
I'm not worried about Florida in the playoffs because the only realistic way they would meet would be in third round, and that's if both teams win their first two rounds. If it comes to that, great!

I'd be shocked if Florida makes it far in the playoffs. They are a one line team and have relied on incredible goaltending to get them this far. Honestly the Caps should be more worried about teams like Pittsburgh, Tampa, or even Carolina before Florida.

Devil Dancer

Jan 21, 2006
If Ovie, Holtby and Mojo play that game goes to OT at the very least.

No big deal. Win the next one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad