Post-Game Talk: Capitals Vs. Red Wings 1/10/15 7:00 PM Caps Win 3-1

Capitals40

Nov 14, 2014
Summerville, SC
Hope to see a rejuvenated Caps team tonight...grinding, good forecheck, etc. I think they got away from this a little in Toronto...they starting having fun during that game because of Toronto's loose/sloppy style of play...carried over to Philly along with being a little tired.

After their 10-10-4 start I never would have thought they would have 50pts after 40 games. Eastern Conference seems improved this season so they need to keep it going.

aonb

Oct 26, 2013
bad feelings about this game. hoping for a win, but predicting 2-3 lose.

Suds

Nov 27, 2014
Breaking out of thier own zone with crips passes and hard checking - win.

Sloppy passing and passive play "watchers" - loss.

Caps are bigger and need to use energy stifling checking.

Go Caps

Vladiator16*

What an interesting sports day for me, all my primary (Caps, Ravens) and secondary (Wings) teams are in play...
My perfect day: Caps beat Wings and Ravens demolish Pats and Brady. Is that too much to ask? :)

Last edited by a moderator:

Devil Dancer

Jan 21, 2006
Feels like a loss to me, so it could be a good test game. Can they get up for and play with a good EC team that isn't a rival now that the WC is over and we're entering the real grind of the season?

bWo*

What an interesting sports day for me, all my primary (Caps, Ravens) and secondary (Wings) teams are in play...
My perfect day: Caps beat Wing and Ravens demolish Pats and Brady. Is that too much to ask? :)

Perfect day for me is the pats annihilate the Ravens and the ovechkin scores an ovechtrick and the caps win

Last edited by a moderator:

Vladiator16*

May the better team win

Absolutely! I just hope zebras don't ruin the game one way or the other, we all know how QB's of Brady's caliber (especially Tom ;)) can influence the refs decisions on certain plays (roughing QB, etc). What bothers me, listening to sports talk shows here in Baltimore, our fans feel way too confident going in to Foxboro... i guess recent playoff success vs Pats is getting to our heads. Baltimore is 2-1 vs Brady (should've been 3-0) and thats a lot better then 11-1 Brady vs the field.
Pats are worried.

bWo*

Absolutely! I just hope zebras don't ruin the game one way or the other, we all know how QB's of Brady's caliber (especially Tom ;)) can influence the refs decisions on certain plays (roughing QB, etc). What bothers me, listening to sports talk shows here in Baltimore, our fans feel way too confident going in to Foxboro... i guess recent playoff success vs Pats is getting to our heads. Baltimore is 2-1 vs Brady (should've been 3-0) and thats a lot better then 11-1 Brady vs the field.
Pats are worried.

Ravens d line and playoff flacco have me sweating, it's going to be a close one that's for sure

Vladiator16*

Ravens d line and playoff flacco have me sweating, it's going to be a close one that's for sure

Your whole team has me sweating, lol. If Playoff Ravens show up it will be a good one, if last 4 games of reg season Ravens show up, its a blowout... Need to get to Brady early, with our secondary if Tom has time to throw, it a blowout... Anyway i look at it - its just doesn't look good for us, but Ravens seemed to thrive in the tough situations, so who knows... I wish Caps would get a bit like Ravens, i don't know what to call it... mental toughness, leadership when it counts and a bit of luck...

Go CAPS!

SimplySensational

Heard of Hough
Mar 27, 2011
VA
“We’re lucky, we see him every day, right?” Laich said of Backstrom. “I’ve said this since he came into the league. He’s one of the NHL’s quietest superstars and I have a lot of respect for a guy like that.

“He’s kind of overshadowed a little bit by the guy he plays with who gets all the headlines,” Laich continued, referring to Ovechkin. “But there’s a reason the guy he plays with has success every year as far as having the goals. Look at the name beside the guy who scored and you can figure out why he scored.

Brooks Laich, running his mouth AGAIN.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad