News Article: Capitals vs Flyers Possibly for 2015 Winter Classic

PhillyFlying

F1eyrS
Sep 15, 2010
Philadelphia
Here's the link http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=432321

What are your thoughts on Flyers reportedly being finalists for visiting the caps for the winter classic in 2015?

Not really a fan of Washington vs Philly but give me Flyers vs. Crosby's at Beaver Stadium - im in.

boo.

not worth the hype for 2 points we're bound to lose out on.

i'm with you. the next winter classic we play a part in really ought to be against the pens somewhere in neutral PA. would instantly be the best winter classic IMO.

Hiesenberg

Jul 2, 2013
According to Rob Rossi, neither team wanted to lose a home game (Beaver Stadium), thus the discussion ended.

ILoveStephanieBrown

Nov 6, 2012
Im over the Winter classic tbh. It was cool the first few times, now it's just another game to me. Nothing really special about it anymore. Plus we always lose when we're in one.

backburner

May 6, 2011
NJ, USA
Im over the Winter classic tbh. It was cool the first few times, now it's just another game to me. Nothing really special about it anymore. Plus we always lose when we're in one.

agreed, plus it sucks to be there. view blows, froze my ass off.

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
agreed, plus it sucks to be there. view blows, froze my ass off.

If it's in DC you likely won't have to worry about freezing. There's a solid chance it'll be 60+ degrees. That tends to happen from time to time.

I wouldn't want them playing in DC. The risk is too high that it'll be warm, the ice condition could be crap, injuries could occur.

Hivemind

We're Touched
Oct 8, 2010
Philadelphia
If it's in DC you likely won't have to worry about freezing. There's a solid chance it'll be 60+ degrees. That tends to happen from time to time.

I wouldn't want them playing in DC. The risk is too high that it'll be warm, the ice condition could be crap, injuries could occur.

The average high in DC on January 1st is 44F. While you're right that "from time to time" it will exceed 60F (the record, set in 2005, is 69F), it's unlikely.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad