Post-Game Talk: Capitals Vs. Blue Jackets 12/11/14 Caps Lose 3-2 (OT)

Corby78

65 - 10 - 20
Jan 14, 2014
Ramstein Germany
Isn't the flip side of that, you have to play good responsible D when out there 4 on 4? Maybe that's what's holding him back on the big open ice and why we see the typically defensively responsible grinder guys getting shifts?

its OT, so I would rather see us give up the goal by pressing hard on offensive zone, the sitting back and playing a grinder game. Its 5 minutes, you don't have time to play cautious game. Its what I miss about the old BB teams. We were the attackers.

Koized

Oct 8, 2005
Are some of you for real? Columbus played a good game? They got dominated and outshot 41-23 and there goalie stood on his head.

Calicaps

NFA
Aug 3, 2006
Almost Canada
Also need to remember that the shift before Chimmer's penalty, Mojo, Niskanen, and Green were playing hot potato with the puck in front of Bobrovsky. Prime shooting opportunities passed up and no one going to the net.

Blades of Steel

log off.
Dec 10, 2009
Virginia
Are some of you for real? Columbus played a good game? They got dominated and outshot 41-23 and there goalie stood on his head.

I agree, I don't think Columbus played a good game at all. However, the shot totals are that way also because we had 18 PP shots. Only 23 ES, that's an issue.

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002
Also need to remember that the shift before Chimmer's penalty, Mojo, Niskanen, and Green were playing hot potato with the puck in front of Bobrovsky. Prime shooting opportunities passed up and no one going to the net.

Yeah that annoyed me. Typical, too cute with the puck and nothing to show for it.

PRicci09

Jan 17, 2013
I thought in general we played a fairly decent game.

Haven't seen the fancy stats but it seemed like we controlled possession for the most part.

Capitlols

Historic Chokers
Feb 9, 2010
Adam Vingan ‏@AdamVingan
Short version: Barry Trotz is real pissed at Jason Chimera. #Caps

Vladiator16*

Damn... Hate to lose like that... With descent play and 47 PP's BJs got dominated for a long stretches, but what a bonus it is to have a goalie like Bob... You are always in it... Something we as a Cap fans really dont know a lot about.

HOLDITHERE*

worst ****ing team ever. ovechkin is ass pain. all laichs fault. at least mojo is playing. ****ing orpik.

Am I doing it right yet?

SimplySensational

Heard of Hough
Mar 27, 2011
VA
Welp.

Bobrovsky was excellent, Holtby was not. Difference in the game.

No man... Didn't you hear drunk Locker say Atkinson shooting the puck into Holtbys glove was the best save of the game?

Its amazing though how far Holtby has fallen, even his defenders are amazed when he makes a simple positional save.

tycoonheart

Apr 7, 2010
They essentially played Hunter hockey all night, collapsed in front of the net. It sucks to lose to a team that plays a system as stupid as that.

tycoonheart

Apr 7, 2010
@alex_prewitt
As Trotz was leaving, he was asked about Burakovsky. "I've got a good reason to put him in the lineup right now." REAL unhappy with Chimera.

@alex_prewitt
Trotz on Chimera's penalty: "Definitely unnecessary. We'll address that tomorrow with that individual."

Chimera is such a hothead. How many times does he take stupid penalties? Its worse than Semin.

um

Sep 4, 2008
toronto
They essentially played Hunter hockey all night, collapsed in front of the net. It sucks to lose to a team that plays a system as stupid as that.

oh cmon, we outshot them 2 to 1. not a perfect game by any means but we were the better team, just need to make a few adjustments.

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007
On one hand I like the idea of accountability, but on the other I'm concerned that Chimera is going to be a scapegoat and a target for Trotz's anger in a game that could've been won on those multiple missed power play opportunities, and was kept close by a Vezina goaltender. The Chimera penalty may have been dumb and led to the GWG for cbus, but several other players had bonehead moments or failed to deliver.

MrGone

Nov 18, 2009
They need to stop giving away points and put teams away. It will come back to haunt them in Feb as they only have two games against none playoff teams.

IafrateOvie34

May 14, 2009
Columbus played spectacular if you boil the team down to Bobrovsky and Foligno

Most of the credit goes to Bobrovsky, but the team helped kill a lot of penalties minus the Fehr goal. They could have just quit like some NHL teams when going down with the first goal. Foligno playing for that contract and bloodlines :).

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad