Confirmed with Link: Capitals to VA is dead. DC decides to pay $515 million dollars to upgrade capital one

VaCaps Fan

Sponsor
Feb 18, 2018
Long live capital one arena!

Mod Edit 2.0: Officially official.

Mod Edit:

Last edited by a moderator:

kicksavedave

I'm just here for the memes and gifs.
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2009
Fallbrook, CA
www.tiasarms.org
why would they f***ing move to VA

dumb
Well that answer is plainly obvious: Money and nothing else. DC is limited in how much they can spend/invest in the Zards/Caps/MSE. VA wants the win. The only reason they would move is they can make more money and more of the cost to build will be borne by someone else (aka taxpayers).

Hard to believe Cap One is now 26 years old and could be abandoned that fast.

hockeykicker

Dec 3, 2014
GBGTIf_WoAAQWbQ.jpeg

Where the proposed new stadium will be

Ovechkins Wodka

Dec 1, 2007
DC
Wasn’t it a big deal when Ted finally got to buy the wizards that he got a stake in the arena why would he want to leave? He waited out old Abe to die a long time to get that deal.

Sidenote, it’s $20 a month or $200 a season to subscribe to monumental sports net work. Crazy how much he’s charging

hockeykicker

Dec 3, 2014
Wasn’t it a big deal when Ted finally got to buy the wizards that he got a stake in the arena why would he want to leave? He waited out old Abe to die a long time to get that deal.

Sidenote, it’s $20 a month or $200 a season to subscribe to monumental sports net work. Crazy how much he’s charging
How else is he gonna afford the new arena?

usiel

Where wolf’s ears are, wolf’s teeth are near.
Sponsor
Jul 29, 2002
Klendathu
www.myspace.com
I hate that. I think Capital One arena is in a location that is convenient for both MD and VA residents. Moving it over to VA is going to F over those of us in MD.
I'm Team VA but agreed the current location for local fans is about perfect with a fracking metro stop under the arena.

I do feel this is probably just to get DC to poney up more money for renovations. Could DC be distracted by the bidding for the Commanders? I do think considering the upscale night life in that area if they did leave to VA it would seem to me, off the cuff, that the area wouldn't suffer too bad with all the uses for that arena. Could VA be distracted by trying to woo the Commanders.

I'm literally 2 minutes from a 395N ramp which is only two minutes because of speed bumps. Been a while since I've been down the Potomac Yards way but sure it is even a bit closer. I think the incentive for Ted if he could control more of the development around the arena kinda like Snyder's intent throwing out the VA locations a couple of years ago.

Reactions: dreadpirateroberts

usiel

Where wolf’s ears are, wolf’s teeth are near.
Sponsor
Jul 29, 2002
Klendathu
www.myspace.com
Oh man. Haven't been around that part in a while but the movie theater there was the one we used to go when I was in high school.
Went to theater one time with my band mates+extendeds. Can't remember the movie but it was not good. I just remember it dropped like 20+ degrees and the 20+ MPH winds with one of those clear cold fronts moved in it was a chilly dash to the vehicles.

Midnight Judges

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 10, 2010
Ugh. I don't want the Caps here in Alexandria. DC is better. The route 1 corridor traffic sucks bad enough as it is.

The arena is fine. It's not even that old and the location is great - right in the heart of DC.

Please tell me they aren't throwing money at Ted so he can have even higher profits while charging $15 for a bud light.

Last edited:

max21

NBA Yungboy
Apr 17, 2019
Virginia
That’s really lame if they change the location, I love riding the metro in and walking around to gets drinks after a game. What’re they going to use Cap one for now? Just concerts? I don’t get it…. It’s right in DC

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad