Laich | Grabovski | Brouwer
Chimera | Fehr | Ward
Erat | Beagle | Wilson

LD | RD
Alzner | Green
Erskine | Carlson
Urbom | Carrick

Starting | Backup
Holtby (GAA 6.35 - SV% .822) | Neuvirth (GAA 1.23 - SV% .964)

:stars
0-1-0
Left wing | Center | Right wing
Benn | Seguin | Cole
Whitney | Eakin | Chiasson
Horcoff | Fiddler | Nichushkin
Rousssel | Peverly | Grabutt

LD | RD
Goligoski | Gonchar
Dillon | Robidas
Daley | Benn

Starting | Backup
Lehtonen (GAA 3.07 - SV% .921) | Ellis (GAA 0.00 -SV% 1.00)

Vladiator16*

So, we get to see Cody Eakin again. Also, didn't realize Gonchar is still around... Isn't he like 72 years old? Curious to see this Nichushkin dude.
Anyway, Holtby better get his **** together 2.5 is licking his chops...
Hoping for a nice debut for Urbom, Good Luck!
Get it done boys!

RandyHolt

Keep truckin'
Nov 3, 2006
I'd go with Nuevy.

It's clearly Holtby's job to lose. Oates doesn't like a bad game to dictate his lineups.

I think Neuvy being a good guy not complaining about not being the starter helped him get starter money.

Fitlanbox

Jul 10, 2011
Interested to see how Eakin has come along. Is he a legitimate 2C now or is he just playing there out of necessity?

txpd

Jan 25, 2003
New Bern, NC
a quick look at capgeek shows that only emery or mason in philly makes 2.5 or less. that would indicate that 2.5 is good backup goalie money and not starting money. ramo is making more than neuvirth.

but if you think keeping neuvirth was a bad move...ok. personally, I think keeping will turn out to have been a very smart move.

oconnor9sean

Mar 3, 2013
DFW
Interested to see how Eakin has come along. Is he a legitimate 2C now or is he just playing there out of necessity?

In last season, he was a 2ndC-3rdC tweener on pace for just under 50 points in a normal season. We're not sure whether he projects to be a career 2nd line guy, but he's quickly becoming a fan favorite.

NobodyBeatsTheWiz

Happy now?
Jun 26, 2004
The Burbs
a quick look at capgeek shows that only emery or mason in philly makes 2.5 or less. that would indicate that 2.5 is good backup goalie money and not starting money. ramo is making more than neuvirth.

but if you think keeping neuvirth was a bad move...ok. personally, I think keeping will turn out to have been a very smart move.

So you're trying to justify a backup's salary by looking at starters? How many backup goalies are making $2.5M?

SimplySensational

Heard of Hough
Mar 27, 2011
VA
I guess they moved the other posts, but Oates already said Holtby was starting after the Flames game. Unless he changed his mind since, Holtby is starting.

Koized

Oct 8, 2005
How Carrick keeps getting a jersey is beyond me, he looks completely lost in his own zone. Urbom has to be better. I would honestly rather have Schultz then Carrick and I can't stand Schultz.

Calicaps

NFA
Aug 3, 2006
Almost Canada
I'm fine with both Holtby and Carrick starting. Holtby needs to get his game together, which means playing, not sitting and stewing. If he can play well tonight, that'll put him in a good place before the 4-day layoff. If not, plenty to work on over thos 4 days.

Carrick has got to be bound for Plymouth eventually. Let him get his reps in now.

SimplySensational

Heard of Hough
Mar 27, 2011
VA
Is Erat really that bad now that he's been buried on the 4th line? This guy can play top 6 minutes.

GMGM and Oates said stupid things about how good Laich is. Too embarrassed to admit their mistakes so the victim is Erat being buried on 4th line.

Erat played a accidental shift with Grabo and Brouwer for 15 seconds and generated more offense than Laich has in 2 games, had to be really embarrassing so Erat was benched for creating too much offense.

BiPolar Caps

Feb 9, 2010
NOVA
I'm fine with both Holtby and Carrick starting. Holtby needs to get his game together, which means playing, not sitting and stewing. If he can play well tonight, that'll put him in a good place before the 4-day layoff. If not, plenty to work on over thos 4 days.

Carrick has got to be bound for Plymouth eventually. Let him get his reps in now.

Agree about Carrick being destined to be returned after his 9 games.

Someone mentioned in the Urbom thread early on that the obtaining him meant a surplus of defensemen and the Caps could move one of the d-men in Hershey perhaps. Totally disagree.

Over the past few years the Caps have averaged between 10 and 12 d-men over the course of a season getting a sweater at some point. With Hillen out we'll be at 7 after Olesky tonight and figuring Urbom gets a sweater soon we'll be at 8. Depending on how long Hillen's gone and once Carrick is returned a Hershey call up may be in the wings for another d-man. The way the opposition targets Green only adds to defensive depth needs. Kundratek, Orlov, Schilling, Schmidt make 12 right there, so don't be surprised if we see all of them at some point this season or perhaps someone else at Hershey.

Capitlols

Historic Chokers
Feb 9, 2010
If Oates isn't/wasn't a fan of Erat then you don't trade a blue chip prospect for him.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad