Capitals review: 1/4 season mark.

Raikkonen

Dumb guy
Aug 19, 2009
Russia
I don't believe for a second Barry has no clue why Mackan is on the ice for 19:40 when all other top-6 players are around 16.

Also, his droppass ratio is down significantly. It's a B-, guys, easily! :P

Your expectations of him marking the top corner every game is your own problem, really.

Ovechkin, on the other hand, is far from his normal self. Doesn't deserve A so far surely. Still around PPG, right? Just warming up.

The Deadly Pook Gas

Feb 6, 2012

koolaid-large.jpg

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002
Wilson started the season with the 3RW role and he got demoted due to providing almost no offense, so he hasn't lived up to his role. Johanssan on the other hand has been his usual 0.5 ppg pace and mediocre in all areas, so he has kept his spot on the 2nd line. They should both be C's.

Justin Williams was moved down and Burt up. Was that a reflection on Williams poor play and Burts outstanding play? Hell no. Using line assignments to grade seems silly to me.

txpd

Jan 25, 2003
New Bern, NC
Justin Williams was moved down and Burt up. Was that a reflection on Williams poor play and Burts outstanding play? Hell no. Using line assignments to grade seems silly to me.

I think that was neither. I think it was a preview of what Trotz wants to see for the playoffs. A north-south line that plays big that are used to scoring big goals in the playoffs.

I think it was also an attempt to get Burt going at the same time. Recall that he took a scratch immediately after not producing after that 2nd line promotion.

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002
I think that was neither. I think it was a preview of what Trotz wants to see for the playoffs. A north-south line that plays big that are used to scoring big goals in the playoffs.

I think it was also an attempt to get Burt going at the same time. Recall that he took a scratch immediately after not producing after that 2nd line promotion.

'Twas a rhetorical question....

capitalsrock

Sep 7, 2012
So many things here that make no sense, but I'll just feature 1: "Latta (does the 4th line job perfectly)" somehow equals a C???

If a guy does his job perfectly, that's an A. What exactly are you grading here?

I guess I should rephrase that. He fits that role perfectly, obviously he's not the perfect 4C yet.

Last edited:

Alexander the Gr8

May 2, 2013
Toronto
The highlights from our top forward so far this season #92.

I love me some Kuzy, he's becoming my favourite player on the team and in the league. What a set of hands on this guy!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad