Pre-Game Talk: Capitals @ Rangers - Tuesday November 3, 7:00 pm

Status
Not open for further replies.

McSauer

Defense Wins Games
Feb 18, 2004
Jersey City, NJ
“@PLeonardNYDN: How bout this #NYR practice: Nash-Brass-Zucc, Kreid-Step-Fast, Lindberg-Hayes-Stalberg, Miller-DMoore-Stoll. McD-G, Staal-Klein, Yandle-McIlrathâ€

Ugh. Fast shouldn't be in the top-9, let alone the top-6. That line is doing nada and needs to broken up ASAP.

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Ugh. Fast shouldn't be in the top-9, let alone the top-6. That line is doing nada and needs to broken up ASAP.

Switch Fast and Miller, and those might be the best pairings and lines that we could put out there.

Should be fun with the Caps heavy forecheck and the Rangers taking out one of their puckmovers.

Boyle struggles against Washington. They are very physical. For this game, its a good decision.

Last edited by a moderator:

Vinny DeAngelo

Jimmy Easy to defend
Mar 17, 2014
florida
this is the game mcilraith takes a everyday role from boyle...

if it was up to me id go
Mcdonagh-klein
yandle-girardi
staal-mcilraith

but u do u AV

Last edited by a moderator:

FLYLine27*

BUCH
Nov 9, 2004
NY
2 games over an 11 night span...what a complete joke. But be assured i'm sure they PACKED in the games for us at the end of the season right before the playoffs start.

edit - YUP! 6 games in the final 10 days of the season. Doesn't fail with this league.

Last edited:

NYRKindms

Dec 16, 2009
Old Boyle is done, every game is a struggle. He needs a rest now and then..

boule-on-bench-vert.jpg

Did it ever leak what happened to his family early on in the year ? I recall the press guys saying that Boyle was darting off to deal with some family emergency. Maybe whatever it is / was is eating at him on top of getting older.

Glen Sathers Cigar

Sather 4 Ever
Feb 4, 2013
New York
2 games over an 11 night span...what a complete joke. But be assured i'm sure they PACKED in the games for us at the end of the season right before the playoffs start.

edit - YUP! 6 games in the final 10 days of the season. Doesn't fail with this league.

That is just complete bull. Plus we have 17 sets of back to back games.

Amazing Kreiderman

Apr 11, 2011
Why do people want Miller in the top6 so bad? He has been poor so far this season, despite getting a few assists. Defensively he is a liability. There is more to playing in the NHL than scoring goals.

Glen Sathers Cigar

Sather 4 Ever
Feb 4, 2013
New York
Why do people want Miller in the top6 so bad? He has been poor so far this season, despite getting a few assists. Defensively he is a liability. There is more to playing in the NHL than scoring goals.

Has he really been that much worse defensively than Kreider, who sleepwalks through ever shift, often turning into a statue in the D zone. Constantly failing to clear the puck.

If Miller is a weaker defensive player, don't you want to maximize his offense to off set it? I want to see him in the top 6 to see if he can jumpstart Kreider-Stepan because right now it's just not working with Fast.

Raspewtin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 30, 2013
Has he really been that much worse defensively than Kreider, who sleepwalks through ever shift, often turning into a statue in the D zone. Constantly failing to clear the puck.

If Miller is a weaker defensive player, don't you want to maximize his offense to off set it? I want to see him in the top 6 to see if he can jumpstart Kreider-Stepan because right now it's just not working with Fast.

Outside of his assists Miller is killing everyone he's playing with.

The only skater that's a positive in CF% with more than 20 minutes of Miller is Kevin Klein.

Amazing Kreiderman

Apr 11, 2011
He's on pace for about 40 points. That's not a poor sophomore season IMO

And I still believe there is more to NHL hockey than putting up points. He has 6 points but is an even +/- while guys like Stalberg (+5) and Lindberg (+6) who he played with regularly are much better in that regard.

Miller is the only guy on the team to have played more than 3 games to not be a + player. That is telling something about his defense.

He's on pace for about 40 points. That's not a poor sophomore season IMO

And I still believe there is more to NHL hockey than putting up points. He has 6 points but is an even +/- while guys like Stalberg (+5) and Lindberg (+6) who he played with regularly are much better in that regard.

Miller is the only guy on the team to have played more than 3 games to not be a + player. That is telling something about his defense.

Miller's points so far:

- Assist on Klein
- Assist on Lindberg (3)
- Assist on Hayes
- Goal assisted by Lindberg and Yandle

Klein is +8, Lindberg is +6, Hays is +1 and Yandle is +4. Yet, somehow Miller isn't a + player.

Riche16

McCready guitar god
Aug 13, 2008
The Dreaded Middle
Did it ever leak what happened to his family early on in the year ? I recall the press guys saying that Boyle was darting off to deal with some family emergency. Maybe whatever it is / was is eating at him on top of getting older.

Was thinking the same thing.

Has he lost a bit? Sure. I'm sure he has. But he doesn't look happy either and not just in that photo.

Something is probably up. I feel bad for him.

OldRanger

Jan 22, 2011
I'm glad this game isn't today because it's my birthday and the Rangers are like 0-654654516 on this day. Nothing says happy birthday like a nice, crisp NYR loss.

Happy birthday!

(Since 2003 Rangers have played 5 matches on November 3'rd, Rangers won 3 of those. I'm sure you don't bring any bad luck! :) )

The Lunatic Fridge

why is my name here?
Aug 20, 2008
New York
Stalberg >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Miller in terms of who should be in that top 6 slot over fast.

Miller is lucky to be in the top 9 at this point the way he's been playing his one-sided game.

TheTakedown

Puck is Life
Jul 11, 2012
this is the game mcilraith takes a everyday role from boyle...

if it was up to me id go
Mcdonagh-klein
yandle-girardi
staal-mcilraith

but u do u AV

It's tough, this is why you cannot have BOTH Staal and Girardi on the same D corps...

Clearly a hypothetical here, but pretend that Girardi and Boyle were swapped for Ehrhoff and Diaz. You could now do:

McDonagh-Klein
Yandle-McIlrath
Staal-Ehrhoff
Diaz

Ehrhoff can play both sides, that makes him very valuable.

Then again I suppose Diaz is the same thing as Ehrhoff, which is why AV wants him back up. But in that case, then one of Staal or Girardi need to go. There's no room especially considering their caphitrs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad