Capitals make a dream come true

CanadienShark

Dec 18, 2012
Great display by the Capital organization. I would've posted this on the main boards, but I'm afraid it'd incite a political discussion and be shut down. It's really just a nice move by the organization no matter how you spin it!

https://www.nhl.com/news/uae-womens-player-shows-off-skills-with-ovechkin-capitals/c-286574486

If a moderator feels this is appropriate for the main boards, feel free to move this. :)

EDIT: Having issue with posting the video, so here's the link to the article (and video).

Alexander the Gr8

May 2, 2013
Toronto
In moments like this one I'm proud to be a Capitals fan. I had the chance to visit DC and meet other Caps fan, and they come from just about every political and economical background. She's very skilled, has a great touch and a strong shot for someone who's using a stick that's way too long for her.

txpd

Jan 25, 2003
New Bern, NC
Not that I am against it, but I wish they would keep politics out of my hockey. There is no chance to keep politics out of this story.

Sam Spade

May 4, 2009
Maryland
Not that I am against it, but I wish they would keep politics out of my hockey. There is no chance to keep politics out of this story.

I think they did an amazing job of doing just that. More video released, it is pretty amazing:

Look at that woman's face, she is such a fan of the sport and the Capitals.

BobRouse

Mar 18, 2009
Ted has always been a political guy and a philanthropist.

This was pretty cool of him to do and its actually amazing beyond the political part!

How crazy are her hands? Impressive

Pomee

Nov 26, 2006
Amazing! Great Job Washington Capitals organization! Peter Bondra rocks!

905PENS

Oskee wee wee
Apr 9, 2013
Hamilton Ontario
This brought a tear to my eye. Definitely something this girl will remember for the rest of her life. Some of us fans might not cheer for the same teams... But at the end of the day, We're all hockey fans.

Your boys did a wonderful thing. I was genuinely upset that Ovie didn't score a goal or three..

Lots of respect

Alexander the Gr8

May 2, 2013
Toronto
This brought a tear to my eye. Definitely something this girl will remember for the rest of her life. Some of us fans might not cheer for the same teams... But at the end of the day, We're all hockey fans.

Your boys did a wonderful thing. I was genuinely upset that Ovie didn't score a goal or three..

Lots of respect

She was in attendance when we beat the Hurricanes 5-0, so she got to see a goal by Ovechkin.

936LeafsOilers997

Dec 31, 2015
Pretty amazing story.

As a Leafs fan, there was not much to cheer for in the playoffs, in the recent past. So I ended up cheering in the playoffs for a lot of teams. But somehow I could not keep cheering for any of them once the season was over. I never regarded Washington as a team to cheer for. Last season I really started to like Holtby and Kuznetsov (Ovechkin was always a likeable player for me) and also coach Trotz, but there was not a real particular reason to love this organization. After this class act however (starting with Bondra in UAE) I started to really regard the Caps as a team to cheer for and it's like it had opened my eyes or something. I suddenly really like the team and I can proudly admit Iam also a Caps fan from now on. I just read about the Caps never winning a Stanley Cup, so let's make sure that changes this year. The roster is very good and I can not believe I never saw this before. The playing style is also very exciting...

Last edited:

905PENS

Oskee wee wee
Apr 9, 2013
Hamilton Ontario
She was in attendance when we beat the Hurricanes 5-0, so she got to see a goal by Ovechkin.

Well then, I take it back. Always love seeing this stuff. Imma hockey fan before I'm a penguins fan. Hence why I like ovie. He's a generational player. And always makes time for his fans. (mod)

Last edited by a moderator:

HTFN

Feb 8, 2009
In moments like this one I'm proud to be a Capitals fan. I had the chance to visit DC and meet other Caps fan, and they come from just about every political and economical background. She's very skilled, has a great touch and a strong shot for someone who's using a stick that's way too long for her.

So, speaking of, am I the only one who thinks T.J. Oshie would have given Adam Oates nightmares? His stick just seems so... wrong for him, as weird as that is to say about a ~30 goal threat with some of the league's best hands.

Alexander the Gr8

May 2, 2013
Toronto
So, speaking of, am I the only one who thinks T.J. Oshie would have given Adam Oates nightmares? His stick just seems so... wrong for him, as weird as that is to say about a ~30 goal threat with some of the league's best hands.

Oshie uses Ovechkin's stick. It looks weird on him because he's 4 inches shorter than Ovi so it appears to be pretty long and it has a wicked curve. I'm a bit taller than Oshie and I've used that stick last year. It's amazing how effortless it is to get a shot off. I wish I had Ovi's strength to flex it though.

ALLCAPSALLTHETIME

Great Dane! Love that Eller feller.
Oct 10, 2009
British Columbia, Canada
Pretty amazing story.

As a Leafs fan, there was not much to cheer for in the playoffs, in the recent past. So I ended up cheering in the playoffs for a lot of teams. But somehow I could not keep cheering for any of them once the season was over. I never regarded Washington as a team to cheer for. Last season I really started to like Holtby and Kuznetsov (Ovechkin was always a likeable player for me) and also coach Trotz, but there was not a real particular reason to love this organization. After this class act however (starting with Bondra in UAE) I started to really regard the Caps as a team to cheer for and it's like it had opened my eyes or something. I suddenly really like the team and I can proudly admit Iam also a Caps fan from now on. I just read about the Caps never winning a Stanley Cup, so let's make sure that changes this year. The roster is very good and I can not believe I never saw this before. The playing style is also very exciting...

Thanks for the nice post. :)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad