Post-Game Talk: Capitals @ Flyers 12:30

Status
Not open for further replies.

Melkor

Jul 22, 2012
Auckland, New Zealand
Pittsburgh. Nobody in their right mind wants a first round against the NYR. I believe Boston will get the final spot and prefer them but then again I say play whoever, have to play teams to get the title.
I'm not in the right mind so I prefer Rangers but not over Pittsburgh. Over Boston. All the best teams should make the playoffs to make this season somewhat legit.

IafrateOvie34

May 14, 2009
I'm not in the right mind so I prefer Rangers but not over Pittsburgh. Over Boston. All the best teams should make the playoffs to make this season somewhat legit.

Either opponent will be a mute heavy series because the whole NBCS crew will be gushing over those teams than the Caps. Just another reason why I want the NYR to miss out.

Melkor

Jul 22, 2012
Auckland, New Zealand
I don't think he played particularly poorly today. Only goal you could really put on him was overplaying the pass on the Allison goal. Other two were on the defense (especially the JVR breakaway).
At this point of the season playing "not particularly poorly" is not close to enough. He needs to be able to stop both Provorov's shot and JVR's breakaway. Defense won't do all the job for him, it's not possible. Find your balls and make a goddamn save.

Melkor

Jul 22, 2012
Auckland, New Zealand
Either opponent will be a mute heavy series because the whole NBCS crew will be gushing over those teams than the Caps. Just another reason why I want the NYR to miss out.
you can bet your ass Eddie O will have a field day with both of those. Wouldn't it be cool to shut his mouth early? I mean with these goalies I'm not sure the Caps are ready but hey, it's cup or fail so don't care who we play.

Capsman

Nov 21, 2008
At this point of the season playing "not particularly poorly" is not close to enough. He needs to be able to stop both Provorov's shot and JVR's breakaway. Defense won't do all the job for him, it's not possible. Find your balls and make a goddamn save.
Every goalie gets beaten time to time on a breakaway. Samsonov has stopped his fair share, not sure it’s fair to blame him for that.

Reactions: koalabear9301

Capsman

Nov 21, 2008
I wouldnt fault any goalie on a breakaway. Still you arent going anywhere with an .880sv%
For sure. But a lot of goalies go whole games without facing a breakaway and his save % would be .917 without that goal. But I agree his entire body of work has been problematic this season. The Caps broadcast crew keeps praising Murray, but I’m feeling a little meh about Samsonov’s development. Maybe Korn’s Holtby and Gruby whispering set my expectations too high?

Reactions: HecticGlow

txpd

Jan 25, 2003
New Bern, NC
For sure. But a lot of goalies go whole games without facing a breakaway and his save % would be .917 without that goal. But I agree his entire body of work has been problematic this season. The Caps broadcast crew keeps praising Murray, but I’m feeling a little meh about Samsonov’s development. Maybe Korn’s Holtby and Gruby whispering set my expectations too high?

The Murray stuff may be applicable to Vanecek.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad