Capitals fined $100,000 for violating COVID protocol

Status
Not open for further replies.

tny760

Mar 12, 2017
so it's cool when they're on the bench or on the ice but in the locker room the covid monster comes out?

if you want to bang laviolette for pulling down the mask to talk to them that's one thing, that's a pet peeve of mine, but the players for posing for a photo? you either enforce all the rules or none of them

CaptBrannigan

Apr 5, 2006
Tampa
so it's cool when they're on the bench or on the ice but in the locker room the covid monster comes out?

if you want to bang laviolette for pulling down the mask to talk to them that's one thing, that's a pet peeve of mine, but the players for posing for a photo? you either enforce all the rules or none of them
Glad I’m not the only one who thinks it’s absurd that the NHL has coaches wear masks, only to pull them down to yell in the faces of the players and refs. It’s like the old screen door on a submarine joke.

GOilers88

#DustersWinCups
Dec 24, 2016

it makes it seem like its among the players

Lmao. What a total farce.

Also, why are they still saying face coverings?

I thought it's been mandated that face coverings are no longer adequate and must be actual masks. But not any standardized masks, just any sort of mask that loops around the ears, because face coverings that cover your entire face at all times just aren't as effective.

God it's so hard to follow all the rules these days.

Apr 9, 2009
USA
If it's within the team, I don't understand. They play on the ice together and sit on the bench together without masks. These guys are around each other a lot. They're also tested a lot.

If it's from someone leaving the team bubble or whatever, ok, but otherwise... I don't get it.

DearDiary

🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷
Aug 29, 2010

After games they're back outside in the world. They need to test again afterwards before they can interact with their teammates without a mask

Reactions: Eegs

hockeykicker

Dec 3, 2014
After games they're back outside in the world. They need to test again afterwards before they can interact with their teammates without a mask

if it is the cobra kai video, and who knows if it is, they were on road in buffalo so likely just back to team hotel

Reactions: Morrison

Khrox

May 31, 2018
if it is the cobra kai video, and who knows if it is, they were on road in buffalo so likely just back to team hotel
It really sounds like it was the Cobra Kai video as well. Which is ridiculous if it's locker room shenanigans after the full game of them together and not wearing masks

Reactions: Morrison

MapleLeafs77

Oct 20, 2017
Is anyone else super confused here? The team is basically together constantly and on benches and on ice. Celebrations, hits, etc.

Coaches and players and team members are basically together 24/7. How can you fine them for interacting with each other with no masks when they dont do that for practices or games?

A Star is Burns

Formerly Azor Aho
Sponsor
Dec 6, 2011
If no other teams are being currently investigated, it must not be that hard to comply. I know it seems silly that they are around each other on the ice and then have to put them on in the locker room or anywhere else, but you have to draw the line somewhere. All sides agreed to abide by these rules to allow some kind of chance to complete this season. There should be consequences if you don't.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad