GDT: Capitals @ Devils, 7:00 PM, Jaws

Status
Not open for further replies.

pulkit1989

Nov 16, 2011
I don't care who plays tonight, but we're way too early in the season to be playing goalies two nights in a row, so Vanecek needs to get in tomorrow night.

But then again, he'll be going up against Detroit, I forgot that's who the opponent is. The team that f***ed his shit up in his one game.
Good game for redemption

Reactions: Bleedred

My3Sons

Nobody told me there'd be days like these...
Sponsor
They're hit or miss for me. Some are definitely funny, while others veer a little too far into cringe.

Definitely better than any of the Flo Progressive commercials now.
The best part is when I can tell my kids that it's going to happen to them and how much my wife and me are not like the commercials since it's been a long time but I have worked very hard and can now open a pdf.

Reactions: Clam Jensen

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Looking at the past schedules, they haven't won 4 games in a row since the start of the 2018 season.
Ahh, yes. Keith Kinkaid had a couple of shutouts (I think?) in that stretch, people were talking about extending him another 2 years. We were all wondering what Taylor Hall would get on his next deal and Jean-Sebastian Dea was a recent waiver pickup and scoring goals for us.

That was certainly the highwater mark of that season. It was all way downhill after that.

Reactions: Satans Hockey

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011

I knew it lol

You almost could bet that he's gonna play tomorrow again if we win.

I remember Ruff starting him at least one time in a back to back very early on in the 2020-2021 season. I think a lot of us were shocked by it.

And I'm almost positive it came the day after a game where Ruff was vocally critical of Blackwood in game 1 of the back to back.

Its Always Sundstrom

Among the optimists.
Sponsor
Dec 1, 2019
Land of Hope & Cups.
Wouldn't all the shark imagery have made more sense on Saturday?
70526C92-74C1-4810-B16E-1234CFE2AA3B.gif

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
I'm so over the Caps. I built up almost an irrational hatred for them after a few of those choke job losses to the Rangers in the playoffs between 2012 and 2015.

I hope Ovechkin gets the goals record still, but I have no interest in seeing them make the playoffs yet again, just to go out in round one like they have for the last every year since they won the cup. I'd rather see us make the playoffs and go out in round one.

youryeah

Jun 21, 2019
going to be interesting to see how the forwards can keep up the pace going 11F every night. I'd have to imagine they go back to 12F tomorrow even if they win with this lineup tonight

Clam Jensen

Apr 8, 2008
NJ
I think it’s dumb, but I also think it’s dumb in an understandable way.

If they team comes out and demolishes 5 on 5 again tonight you won’t hear any complaints from me.
Same here, but if they’re going to immediately switch it up after the first loss, I’d rather just sit Smith, play Bahl, and play Fabian now. What do I know.

Devils731

Jun 23, 2008
Devils have done a good job rotating the extra forward through the 4th line to keep everyone’s ice time down.

Last game, only Hughes played over 20 minutes for the forwards.

Two games ago Bratt played 20:03 and was the only forward over 20.

—————

You could honestly talk me into 11F/6D if you can keep the ice time spread out nicely.

The bigger issue is Smith being a net negative than actually being 7 defenseman.

Saugus

Ecrasez l'infame!
Jun 17, 2009
Connecticut

You'll get 11/7 again and you'll like it

Hughes will be run into the ground with Kovalchukian ice time. I'm not going to complain if it works, but this seems unsustainable for everybody involved.

And it's wild that we're doing this at all when we have at least 3 NHL quality forwards sitting out as healthy scratches.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad