Capitals Development Camp Scrimmage

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007
We need to get young and fast. Good to hear some positive news

hb12xchamps

Dec 23, 2011
Pennsylvania

Pretty hot take from Izzy. I would be very surprised if that happened. There's going to be a lot of camp battles for the Caps D spots and even camp battles for Hershey's blue line.

D prospects playing in NHL/AHL next year:
Bowey
Lewington
Williams
Hobbs
Siegenthaler
Johansen
Djoos
Bindulis

Barry Amsterdam

Nättias Dänielstrom
Apr 2, 2013
Pretty hot take from Izzy. I would be very surprised if that happened. There's going to be a lot of camp battles for the Caps D spots and even camp battles for Hershey's blue line.

D prospects playing in NHL/AHL next year:
Bowey
Lewington
Williams
Hobbs
Siegenthaler
Johansen
Djoos
Bindulis

I'm looking forward to preseason camp battle between these guys

Raikkonen

Dumb guy
Aug 19, 2009
Russia
I would try Siegenthaler-Bowey maybe.

They are big and strong. They have some adult league experience too.

I mean, Hunwick is gone :P

Sam Spade

May 4, 2009
Maryland
I think the battle is between Sieg/Bowey/Djoos. But make no mistake Hobbs and Johansen are coming (two years away probably).

Can anyone speak to how Gersich looked?

BiPolar Caps

Feb 9, 2010
NOVA
Question about Lewington. I know he's not shy about dropping the mitts, but is he an able fighter or a Matt Bradley.

Raikkonen

Dumb guy
Aug 19, 2009
Russia
We don't need to force Johansen to the NHL I think. This guy should be used to his full potential while on the ELC. Also he isn't filled out yet. Some time in AHL will help him certainly.

Siegenthaler is like 30-35 lbs bigger than Johansen. He is more ready while not being adapted to the NA style though.

Haj

#CatsAreComing
Apr 6, 2003
Arlington, VA
Here are the standouts from the scrimmage:

Shane Gersich was the best forward out of both teams. He scored 1G, 1A, he made plays with his speed.
He also initiated hits against a couple players who were bigger than him.

Connor Hobbs played a fairly calm game, until the latter half when he scored two goals. He has a great shot.

Jonas Seignthaler played a steady game, he didn't make many mistakes (if any). Made a some good passes during break out.

Stephen Collins made a beautiful 1v1 toe drag around a defenseman than nearly scored on whoever was in net.

Damien Riat used his size will, he had good speed and puck handling ability through the neutral zone. He was always in front of the net. Scored 1 goal.

Priskie had a good shift where he kept the puck in the offensive zone a couple times and the white team had a few shots on goal.

I was a little disappointed with Axel Jonsson-Fjallby, but I think he wasn't playing with players that matched his hockey IQ, so its hard to evaluate.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad