GDT: Capitals @ Canadiens. 7pm. Bell Centre. 4.20.2013

Ajax1995

Dec 9, 2002
Comparing him to them? Backstrom was better and is better right now.

I don't know. Backstrom has had one season what was significantly better than any season either of those two have had but take that out and they all have very similar numbers overall. Plus those two have been more productive in the playoffs, though Kopitar has a thinner CV, and they both have rings.

msrulo

Feb 3, 2013
Toronto, ON
holtby-cross-checks-moen.gif

caps4cup

Dynasty
Dec 31, 2010
Magic number is now 4. One win, one regulation loss for Winnipeg and we clinch the division!

txpd

Jan 25, 2003
New Bern, NC
Wrong. I'd like to play MTL, PEG, or TML.

you know what i am saying. the caps never lose because they get a bad matchup. they lose because they choke or they suck. they dont win not because the matchups and injuries fall in their favor.

but every season come playoffs the whining starts over not wanting to play who they are going to play.

capskeith

Apr 20, 2013
Bring em all on if we continue to play like this. When we play with energy and focus there isn't a team right now in the league we can't beat!!GO CAPS! DIE JETS

Integral

Feb 5, 2011
doom. same as every year. all the matchups suck. come on.

I wouldn't mind playing the panthers ;)

Seriously though, I'd rather play the Islanders than Ottawa. The Islanders have been doing a lot better lately, but their defense is still weak compared to Ottawa. Not to mention that Craig Anderson has been playing ridiculously well. A really strong goalie can change the outcome of a playoffs series.

capskeith

Apr 20, 2013
Yeah I agree Bananas I think the Isles would be a cool matchup for nostalgia reasons. Plus I would have to say their goalie is the worst out of all the playoff teams.

troyerlaw

Life is party again
Dec 13, 2010
Los Angeles
I remember licking my chops couple years ago at prospect of TBL in 2nd round, and we **** the bed. And then last year, i thought we were doomed v. BOS, and we pulled it out. I have given up trying to figure the angles.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad