GDT: Capitals @ Bruins | 2/11/23 | 3:30p ET

Ridley Simon

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Marin County — SF Bay Area, CA
About midway through the 2nd, my wife asked if ESPN was using the Bruins announcers. What a terrible excuse for an "impartial" broadcast crew. Can't wait to hear them ruin the outdoor game next week. In other news, a great, but not pretty win that we really needed!
West Coast Feed (Bay Area CA) melded 2 broadcasts together for the last 30min or so. Was horrible. I couldn’t hear anything

• Haha
Reactions: swansonsays

twabby

Mar 9, 2010
1676158587428.gif

My game puck goes to Darcy Kuemper for saving 27 of 28, many of which were high quality chances (+2.53 GSAx)

Honorable mentions to Garnet Hathaway for the GWG and a 70% xGF%, Nick Jensen for a 71% xG playing 20+ minutes at 5v5, and Strome/Ovechkin for posting good possession numbers as well.

HeyMattyB

Sports bring out the worst in everyone.
Aug 20, 2010
Philadelphia, PA
Kings my 2ndary team, as I adopted them living there for 14 years now.
I've been living in Philadelphia for 13 years now, and... no. It's just never going to happen. And I've tried!!!

(It was incredibly easy to become an Eagles, Sixers, and Phillies fan, though. GO BIRDS!)

AlexBrovechkin8

At least there was 2018.
Sponsor
Feb 18, 2012
District of Champions
Stop it? Mantha, Eller, Jensen = 66% or so of the salary? Retain and bleed futures?
Karlsson has an $11.5M cap hit for 4.5 more seasons. Timo Meier has a $6M cap hit. Not sure what the prorated cap hits look like since I’m not sure how many days are left in the season but I think at absolute best case they retain to make it an even $10M/year hit for EK, which again is highly unlikely given the term left but let’s just go with it.

For next season they’d need at least $19M for both players and that’s assuming $1.5M retention. That’s Kuznetsov + Eller + Mantha + Orlov (give or take), and that’s without discussing trade compensation.

Ridley Simon

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Marin County — SF Bay Area, CA
Karlsson has an $11.5M cap hit for 4.5 more seasons. Timo Meier has a $6M cap hit. Not sure what the prorated cap hits look like since I’m not sure how many days are left in the season but I think at absolute best case they retain to make it an even $10M/year hit for EK, which again is highly unlikely given the term left but let’s just go with it.

For next season they’d need at least $19M for both players and that’s assuming $1.5M retention. That’s Kuznetsov + Eller + Mantha + Orlov (give or take), and that’s without discussing trade compensation.
Sharks will cover more. How can they not?

My totals were for this season only. Next season will take some gymnastics, for sure. But we have a team that has literally 3yrs left of the Ovechkin era. Karlsson at a number (let’s say at 3.5m retained) plus Timo at 8m = 16m. Mantha and Eller are 9m. Jensen is 3m. So, 12 of 16.

More would need to happen. But perhaps not a lot more.

usiel

Where wolf’s ears are, wolf’s teeth are near.
Sponsor
Jul 29, 2002
Klendathu
www.myspace.com
Glad to be wrong in the early post of this GDT thread. There did appear to be a focus on getting back to brass tacks on the structured detailed front. We'll see if this sticks for the next few games.

Reactions: AlexBrovechkin8

bacchist

lumpy, lumpy head
Feb 7, 2013
53% -> 72% chance of making the playoffs, per MoneyPuck. An unexpected win and some help from other games.

Reactions: twabby

hb12xchamps

Dec 23, 2011
Pennsylvania
About midway through the 2nd, my wife asked if ESPN was using the Bruins announcers. What a terrible excuse for an "impartial" broadcast crew. Can't wait to hear them ruin the outdoor game next week. In other news, a great, but not pretty win that we really needed!
My favorite part of the broadcast was when they were adamant that Ovechkin scored the first goal, yet he was no where near the net lol. I even second guessed myself at the time and wondered if Ovi snuck down low and tapped the puck in to steal the goal. It was clearly Backstrom. That crew had to be drinking before the game. They were awful.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad