GDT: Capitals at Rangers Game 7 Pt. II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Loff

Lafdaddy
Dec 7, 2007
Soft euro
Was hoping he's do the triple deke (forehand, backhand, forehand) or a quick fade-away wrister.

We have to be better in the 2nd. Not enough urgency in our game.

Or that. Anything else than what he did. That whole sequence looked like a casual Gaborik shootout choke.

So frustrating.

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
Somehow this will all be because of Boyle and Nash and they're 2 of exactly 3 guys to not **** all over the ice that period, the other one being Hank.

BoHorvat 53

What's a god to a Kane
Dec 9, 2014
Some of y'all are talking as if the games over...have faith in your team...

bl02

Jan 13, 2014
We know no one on here is giving up just disappointing which was the hungrier team in the first.

nevesis

Sponsor
Jan 3, 2008
NY
You're missing the point. Holtby didn't read what Nash was doing. It's why his legs were so far apart and why he barely got the paddle down in time. I'll argue whatever I want since it's what Nash saw, too (and why he didn't go high with the puck).

Newsflash: When moving laterally and reacting to a deke, a goalies legs will be further apart. Unless you're a fictitious cartoon cartoon like Gumby.

It was a good save, but thats not my point. Nash chose a move with a low probability of the puck going in. Many things have to go right for that move to work.

I would have much rather seen him try to snipe one blocker side, where Holtby is much weaker than his glove side. Those shots are much harder to stop because you have much less reaction time and with him backing up into the crease, much more net is openly available to shoot at.

nevesis

Sponsor
Jan 3, 2008
NY
Anyway, like I said in the previous thread...LOTS of time left. Tie this game up, get the crowd into it and lets ****ing go.

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Honestly Stepan was complete **** in that period. Maybe our worst player, although Glass might take the cake with such little time. He was Tanner Glass of earlier in the season, not Tanner Glass of late.

Cassano

Aug 31, 2013
GTA
At least there is a nice spot for Lundqvist in the Sweden WHC team. Sweden seems to be the only team that can win for him.

Maineice11

Dec 7, 2006
Maine
This game reminds me of game 5 against pens last round, horrible first period then turned it around right away to start the second period. Let's do the same and this time destroy this caps team.

Let's go Rangers!!! :yo:

BoWmEn

Canadian Rangers Fan
Mar 10, 2012
Ontario
CBC reporter just asked Girardi between periods what he and the team thought about Ovechkin's (overhyped) guarantee. So stupid.

Xref

Oct 16, 2010
Newsflash: When moving laterally and reacting to a deke, a goalies legs will be further apart. Unless you're a fictitious cartoon cartoon like Gumby.

It was a good save, but thats not my point. Nash chose a move with a low probability of the puck going in. Many things have to go right for that move to work.

I would have much rather seen him try to snipe one blocker side, where Holtby is much weaker than his glove side. Those shots are much harder to stop because you have much less reaction time and with him backing up into the crease, much more net is openly available to shoot at.

Yup. A full-on wind-up and slapper, or a wicked wrister.....show some BALLS, Nash! 2 more periods to get it done. LGR!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad