GDT: Capitals at Rangers Game 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Capitlols

Historic Chokers
Feb 9, 2010
He couldn't see from getting slashed in the face :sarcasm:

But really, good game, you outplayed us most of the game, and the refs kind of sucked...but so it goes. On to the next one, Hank won't let in 3 again, promise you that

Rags won't score 4 again, I'll promise you that.

gogensgo

Mar 13, 2011
Shouldn't have gone with 6 on the PP until a minute left. Totally messed up the chemistry and introduced risk of empty netter - wasn't necessary for that first minute to see what we could have done. Oh well, on to game 4!

Capsman

Nov 21, 2008
That last Rags goal was evident 25 seconds before it happened. You could tell the Caps' heads were spinning and Rags were open all over the place.

Acallabeth

Post approved by Ovechkin
Jul 30, 2011
Moscow
Agreed. Ward has a AWESOME chance and opted to swing it back across the crease. Not sure why he didn't onetime that at the net.

I think none of the guys is confident enough in their shots when AO and Green are on the ice. The irony is that Green refused to shoot and would give Ovechkin a crappy pass.

tycoonheart

Apr 7, 2010
Will they? According to Holtby the team was tooling around like they were skating at their local pond. If they can't get up for game #3 what makes you think they will for game#4?

I hope they do. They should because its clear the Caps>>>>>>>>Rags, but at some point this team needs to develop a killer instinct. Didn't see it when they tied it at 2-2, and didn't see it at 3-3. The let the Rags hang around and they deserved to lose. Unacceptable.

Its one away game. It happens. I kind of expected us to lose this. And still it was very close with us probably outplaying them for majority of the game. We couldn't get any rhythm going early because of all the penalties.

I thought Holtby was a little weak too. Hank, again, made the saves he needed to. Holtby didn't. I don't recall a single big save he made today. If he wants to call out the team, then he needs to show up first.

Like I said though, I'm not worried. Oates will get them going for next game. We weren't going to sweep them.

On to next game. :)

Liberati0n*

lol, you are absolutely right.

Bye

tumblr_mlxctlvONq1r24cu4o1_500.gif

DanTHEMan71

Feb 23, 2010
We'll take what we can from this one. Kind of a mini wake-up call. Unrealistic to sweep a team these days. But hey, even with the PP disparity, we came close.

Put this one aside and focus on game 4. I, like many, said Caps in 5. Just gotta stay positive.

Roughing

Oct 11, 2010
Frederick, MD
I might tweak the PP to where some of the guys shoot once in a while. That was a great effort the last two minutes trying to will the puck into the net but I still think they should stick with the basics and physically shoot it. Just a thought.

RandyHolt

Keep truckin'
Nov 3, 2006
every year I think we are going to win 4 straight. When we lose, I am ****ing pissed. every damn time.

BrooklynCapsFan

No more choking!
Oct 23, 2002
Brooklyn, New York
I might tweak the PP to where some of the guys shoot once in a while. That was a great effort the last two minutes trying to will the puck into the net but I still think they should stick with the basics and physically shoot it. Just a thought.

To be fair it's probably possible to beat this team without shooting.

Koized

Oct 8, 2005
Still confident in them. Hard to get any momentum and play playoff hockey when they are calling a bunch of ticky tacky calls.

Bananas

Sponsor
Mar 26, 2007
The sixth man on that pp was worthless. Just take your 25% chance to win the game until the final minute.

ForzaItalia

Mar 23, 2008
Toronto, ON
every year I think we are going to win 4 straight. When we lose, I am ****ing pissed. every damn time.

No Caps fan ever REALLY thinks they will sweep the opposition. Caps have given the Rangers life when they could have snuffed them out tonight.

We have a series now.

BiPolar Caps

Feb 9, 2010
NOVA
Who was the sixth person on the PP, I have Ribiero, Backstrom, Ovechkin, Green and Ward, was it Brouwer? I would have preferred Fehr out there in lieu of Ward.

IafrateOvie34

May 14, 2009

Taking those penalties hurt momentum a bit, but I'm glad the Caps didn't back down. Those third period NYR goals were unacceptable, but it happens. Unlike the last few years, I feel confident the Caps will be ready for the next game. As another poster stated, I think Oates will point out what needs to be adjusted. If the Caps play anything like the first half of the first period, this series is over the next game at VC.

Jacoby4HOF66

Pull my finger
Mar 13, 2009
Its one away game. It happens. I kind of expected us to lose this. And still it was very close with us probably outplaying them for majority of the game. We couldn't get any rhythm going early because of all the penalties.

I thought Holtby was a little weak too. Hank, again, made the saves he needed to. Holtby didn't. I don't recall a single big save he made today. If he wants to call out the team, then he needs to show up first.

Like I said though, I'm not worried. Oates will get them going for next game. We weren't going to sweep them.

On to next game. :)

Epic frustration got to me. So pissed we dropped one to a clearly inferior team. I know I am not alone. Off to bed before I find my cat..........and kick it.

NoMoreChoking

Sep 30, 2009
Did anyone really think this was gonna be a sweep?

No, would it of been nice? Yes.

Is it still 2-1 us? Yes

troyerlaw

Life is party again
Dec 13, 2010
Los Angeles
Holtby called it at the morning skate. Team to loose and made him uncomfortable.

Well, he played a part in this, too. Got outplayed by lunquist this time around.

No horrible softies, but he certainly could have stopped the boyle shot.

Another close game. We definitely need to cut back on PK time next game.

Ribs and brouwer need to step up, too.

Jacoby4HOF66

Pull my finger
Mar 13, 2009
Did anyone really think this was gonna be a sweep?

No, would it of been nice? Yes.

Is it still 2-1 us? Yes

I thought a sweep was possible after the total domination of OT in Game #2 and the ease at which the Caps dictated the game tonight despite 6 friggin penalties and being down 1. Oh well. Hope springs eternal.

DanTHEMan71

Feb 23, 2010
Who was the sixth person on the PP, I have Ribiero, Backstrom, Ovechkin, Green and Ward, was it Brouwer? I would have preferred Fehr out there in lieu of Ward.

Yea that's what it was. I too would've liked to see Fehr out instead of Ward.

txpd

Jan 25, 2003
New Bern, NC
caps never win in a sweep. ok. once in a 5 game series. i was not holding my breath this time. winning the first two games just gets them to the first point where they get traditionally get stuck.

still have a reasonable shot at winning the series.

cant wait for the next game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad