GDT: Capitals and Isles | 1/16/23 | 7:30p ET

Status
Not open for further replies.

StrikingDistance

Buford T. Justice
Mar 19, 2015
DC
With Lavi rotating people in and out is appears he's doing mid-season try-outs. Lines looks a lot better except I'd swap Irwin for AA or even AAA.

DWGie26

Sponsor
Oct 6, 2019
NOVA
I like Eller, but this is the right move for a game as the lines get shuffled. This lineup gives us more speed and some scoring punch.

I’d like to see us put up a five spot tonight. Get things rolling!

And yes, please put Alexyev back in. Give him a stretch of games.

tycoonheart

Apr 7, 2010
I'm glad the working top line is back. Hoping that all the shuffling doesn't make them lose the chemistry they had developed.

Reactions: um

marcel snapshot

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 15, 2005
I think Milano is next in the scratch rotation. Marcus and Sheary could be in the press box rotation as well. Kuzy almost certainly won't be because it may backfire and he's an artist. Honestly, against the Isles, I'd consider taking Eller over Kuzy, because I think Eller can be more productive against a suffocating team than Kuzy can.

shtorm2005

Aug 9, 2015
Montreal, Canada
Sucks for Eller, I like him.

brb, gotta go see if I've been scratched.
1673904136469.png

Jags

Mildly Disturbed
May 5, 2016
Central Florida
This place will be tough either way. Win or lose there will be a bunch of “I told you so’s.” Welcome to the internet.

I dunno. Both sides generally agree on what the lines should be, so the result won't really prove anyone right. The disagreement was over how odd those last 3 lineups were, and I think we mostly agree that they were pretty wild, just not whether there was any real justification for it.

The bottom line is that none of the disparity there was worth anyone getting that cantankerous. Reacting to the coach seemingly playing Yahtzee with the lineup isn't unreasonable, but going immediately to the "Fire Lavi" extreme IS unreasonable, and gets some folks fired up.

So overreacting to lineup changes is dumb, but so is overreacting so harshly to the overreactors, and also overreacting to the people that overreacted to the overreactors. ;)

PlushMinus

Nov 18, 2021
But they’re gonna win the xG battle 3:1 tonight.

And in the end isn’t that all that matters? The answer, is no.
More importantly, is the laptop fully charged and ready to crunch the numbers?

And what are you drinking this evening?

Reactions: twabby

twabby

Mar 9, 2010
More importantly, is the laptop fully charged and ready to crunch the numbers?

And what are you drinking this evening?

No more local crunching. Everything is done in the cloud now! I can do everything I need from my phone!

The past few game nights I’ve been drinking some more “experimental” meads and leaving the solid meads on the shelf. I had a peach cobbler mead which didn’t turn out great. I also had a blueberry melomel which barely tastes like blueberry (this was when I thought 1 lb of blueberries per gallon was sufficient, when you really need 3-4 lbs to get a good flavor). I had a orange blossom mead which was fine, but nothing special.

I’m not going to overthink it tonight, so I think I’m going to go with a Florida Everglades traditional mead tonight. The Everglades honey I got at the farmers market is incredibly dark and tastes half like normal wildflower honey, half like molasses. It’s like a milder buckwheat honey, which lends itself perfectly to a traditional mead.

Last edited:
Reactions: Jags and PlushMinus

Ridley Simon

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Marin County — SF Bay Area, CA
No more local crunching. Everything is done in the cloud now! I can do everything I need from my phone!

The past few ganenights I’ve been drinking some more “experimental” meads and leaving the solid meads on the shelf. I had a peach cobbler mead which didn’t turn out great. I also had a blueberry melomel which barely tastes like blueberry (this was when I thought 1 lb of blueberries per gallon was sufficient, when you really need 3-4 lbs to get a good flavor). I had a orange blossom mead which was fine, but nothing special.

I’m not going to overthink it tonight, so I think I’m going to go with a Florida Everglades traditional mead tonight. The Everglades honey I got at the farmers market is incredibly dark and tastes half like normal wildflower honey, half like molasses. It’s like a milder buckwheat honey, which lends itself perfectly to a traditional mead.
The bolded. We can all stop wondering why the Caps hit a rough patch.

Silly twabby jinxed them by trying to Lavi his meads.

We reap what we sow, twabby. Get it together tonite, will ya???

Stick with what works!!! Damn, son!!!!!

PlushMinus

Nov 18, 2021

The past few game nights I’ve been drinking some more “experimental” meads and leaving the solid meads on the shelf. I had a peach cobbler mead which didn’t turn out great. I also had a blueberry melomel which barely tastes like blueberry (this was when I thought 1 lb of blueberries per gallon was sufficient, when you really need 3-4 lbs to get a good flavor). I had a orange blossom mead which was fine, but nothing special.

Jeez enjoy, Mr Fancy Tastebuds!

I'll just chug a few beers and maybe have a CC and dry or two :laugh:

Who's on first?? Oops I mean who's in goal? Hoping for Lindgren but guessing it will be Kuemper?

Reactions: twabby
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad