Post-Game Talk: Capitals 4, Penguins 1 - All is Well

Status
Not open for further replies.

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005

Or perhaps we should stop pretending that trading Hagelin and adding a 3C will be a panacea and accept that the Pens have problems, and they are many.

Well. On to Nashville tomorrow. I'm sure that one will be as painful as watching Letang try to think.

Speaking Moistly

What a terrible image.
Feb 19, 2013
Injured Reserve
giphy.gif

Right now they don’t deserve to make the playoffs.

ncm7772

Apr 10, 2016
Upstate NY
That was a disgraceful performance. Pathetic. Ryan Reaves was better than Sidney Crosby. And Kris Letang is so far gone at this point, I don't really know what to think.

Maybe a plus to Rust? Kessel? I don't know.

Whole team was pathetic. Well, no sense dwelling. Maybe they pull a minor miracle tomorrow and show up for the back end of a back-to-back.

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
giphy.gif

Right now they don’t deserve to make the playoffs.

With their November schedule, which aside from a supposed gimme against the Sabres, consists of @Predators, @Senators, Blackhawks, Canucks, @Bruins, Lightning, Flyers, I'm not sure they will be by the end of the month.

Tom Hanks

Spelling mistakes brought to you by my iPhone.
Nov 10, 2017
+ we have played 30% of our away games a month into the season

- a lot

Pancakes

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 4, 2011
The way they're playing now would get Sullivan fired were it not for the fact that he's coming off back to back cups.

Not saying I'm advocating for that mind you, but that's how bad they've been.

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
That was a disgraceful performance. Pathetic. Ryan Reaves was better than Sidney Crosby. And Kris Letang is so far gone at this point, I don't really know what to think.

Maybe a plus to Rust? Kessel? I don't know.

Whole team was pathetic. Well, no sense dwelling. Maybe they pull a minor miracle tomorrow and show up for the back end of a back-to-back.

Mixed emotions on that.

If they do, then it prolongs the pretending that the ship will right itself.

If they don't, then we have an unenjoyable evening.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Sep 5, 2008
Offense is nonexistent--which is crazy considering the talent we have at forward and on the blueline.

Defense is a complete shit-show, as it's been for a calendar year.

Sid's in one of his "Eh, f*** it" moods, and has been all season.

Not good. I don't buy into the "It's November, all is well" stuff either. Some of these problems have gone back a long while--and while we won in spite of them last season, that was a pretty miraculous run and shouldn't be the evidence that it's all gonna work out. That's the type of thinking that got Shero shit-canned.

EightyOne

My posts are jokes. And hockey is just a game.
Nov 23, 2016
This is not merely rivals or other teams circling the calendar to play us.

Reactions: Badfish87

Pancakes

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 4, 2011
Offense is nonexistent--which is crazy considering the talent we have at forward and on the blueline.

Defense is a complete ****-show, as it's been for a calendar year.

Sid's in one of his "Eh, **** it" moods, and has been all season.

Not good. I don't buy into the "It's November, all is well" stuff either. Some of these problems have gone back a long while--and while we won in spite of them last season, that was a pretty miraculous run and shouldn't be the evidence that it's all gonna work out. That's the type of thinking that got Shero ****-canned.

Aside from the playoffs where our puck possession game disappeared without Letang I don't see any problems with the Pens' performance last year. Their regular season performance was quite good.

But yes we do have a ton of problems right now and they don't seem to be going away. Not sure what the answer is either. Sully is going nowhere nor should he. Unless JR makes some big trade it's going to be on the locker room to figure this thing out.

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
This is not merely rivals or other teams circling the calendar to play us.

Actually, if I were a Pens rival, I'd be circling the calendar, albeit not in the way you intone, because playing against the Pens right now is EASY.

WayneSid9987

Nov 24, 2009
Sorta at that stage where the roster needs a jolt of something from somewhere. Plugging in Archie won't be enough. Start waiving the McKegg's and Kuhnackl's and give some WB kids a shot, imo. Don't fall in love with these extras like Shero/Bylsma did with Adams/Glass.

Other than ^, Sid and Tanger need to get goin'. I dunno what Sid is doing. He knows this roster is weak in the bottom 6. Is he just mailing it in cuz it's November and exerting all that effort isn't worth it? Sorta like a "ok, this roster is goin' no where so why kill myself this season?" sorta deal. I dunno. Almost like he doesn't care if they make the PO's atm. Like he's waiting to see what JR can conjur up first. I dunno...If true, it's disappointing but understandable.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad