Post-Game Talk: Capitals 3 @ Canucks 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

me2

Go ahead foot
Jun 28, 2002
Make my day.
If the Sedins stay healthy, we're playoff team and anything can happen. **** this tanking ****!

Anything could happen, like trading a first and a good prospect for Lucic at the deadline, then losing Hamhuis, Vrbata and possibly even Lucic for nothing as UFAs in the offseason after another 1st round exit.

Dear God, please do not let that happen.

Nomobo

Feb 20, 2015
Victoria
Shocking. So you support Prust/Dorsett playing more than Daniel? Nice. Hope you like mediocrity.

Think it may be a possibility that Daniel got banged up? Things aren't always black and white you know.

Don't believe everything you think.:)

Knight53

#6 #9 #17 #35 #40 #43
Jun 23, 2015
Vancouver
Anything could happen, like trading a first and a good prospect for Lucic at the deadline, then losing Hamhuis, Vrbata and possibly even Lucic for nothing as UFAs in the offseason after another 1st round exit.

Dear God, please do not let that happen.

As long as we get home ice advantage it's ok

polarbearcub

May 7, 2011
Vancouver
-prust and dorsett playing more than ANYONE in the 3rd

-McCann benched in the 3rd after being part of one of the best lines.

-Hutton not playing on the first unit PP when Edler continues to do nothing.

-Weber not in the lineup when out PP is doing nothing

how can anyone back this garbage?

Our pp has ZEROoooooooo threat from the point right now... We have a right shot sitting in the press box who scored 11 goals last year . A guy who the sedins asked to have plsyed and thrived on the pp. so ****ing frustrating we have to watch garbage sbisa and weisbrods pet barts

PM

Glass not 1/2 full
Apr 8, 2014
There are 30 possible outcomes. No one on the outside has an affect on the outcome. Therefore each team has a 1 in 30 chance. Don't confuse Vegas odds with mathematical odds.

The Canucks actually have a fractionally better chance than Eastern teams due to the uneven conferences.

Yeah that is not how this works. I hope you are joking. This isn't a 30-sided die that you throw. Each team's composition greatly affects the odds. I feel ridiculous even having to explain this to someone.

I am going to assume you are making a bad joke.

corona

Jan 20, 2007
People keep saying this, but where do you get a breakdown of ice time by period?

Yeah I've been looking for the breakdown of ice time and I can't find it anywhere. I'd also like to look at number of shifts given to each line. If Prust, Dorsett, and Horvat hem the other team in and are on for a long shift, is that somehow the fault of the coach if they end up with more minutes of ice time? (Not saying that's exactly what happened this game, it's just that looking at the raw seconds of each player and comparing/drawing conclusions is not all that meaningful)

Captain Bowie

Jan 18, 2012
Yeah that is not how this works. I hope you are joking. This isn't a 30-sided die that you throw. Each team's composition greatly affects the odds. I feel ridiculous even having to explain this to someone.

I am going to assume you are making a bad joke.

That's all perception.

vcanuck

Feb 7, 2011
I hope JB and TL are watching this and mad as hell.

They are trying to sell us a younger faster team and the fans are watching Prust and Dorsett playing 16 minutes a game.

KeninsFan

Fire Benning already
Feb 6, 2012
Backing the coach lol

I back him when he makes smart decisions. Benching mccann was not.

McCann should've played but then we would've had to double shift 2 wingers.

Baertschi and Virtanen are two players I would not have depended on this 3rd period. Strangely Willie turned around and give Virtanen the last minute to tie the game.

Get North

Aug 25, 2013
B.C.
Hah so playing rookies for more than 10 minutes is rushing them? I guess McCann's goals were both "junior goals" then. If anyone is being selfish it's you with the instant gratification you clearly need form this team. I am willing to sit through some tough years if it helps us get a cup. You sound like an investor that needs this team's value to rise in the short term.

And yes, McCann has been better than the two face punchers. He score goals, which crazily win you hockey games.
They aren't ready, they shouldn't even be here anymore. They will be because 9 games in the NHL is always nice but really they should be in junior just like Dal Colle, Perlini, Sanheim. They aren't entitled to these spots and 10 minutes is enough to judge if they are ready or not. They clearly aren't, they don't know the pro game and chase the puck too much. We're trying to win, Willie isn't going to cheat the veterans to play the rookies who aren't ready. That will become a bigger problem in the locker room.

I don't actually think you watched the game tonight, you realize other than one McCann pass, they were stuck in their own zone the whole time right? Prust and Dorsett were better, that's it. I can't believe that people like you all of a sudden think this spot was there from the start, they are our worst players defensively, and cheat offensively.

I'm also not saying Prust and Dorsett should be playing on the 3rd line but right now they are forced to because 3 players aren't ready for spots on this team. I also don't get what you mean by tough years, McCann and Virtanen aren't all of a sudden going to become stars and leaders on our team. Horvat was a rare case and you can see he is struggling now, I still think Horvat will be a really good player for us though.

KeninsFan

Fire Benning already
Feb 6, 2012

They are trying to sell us a younger faster team and the fans are watching Prust and Dorsett playing 16 minutes a game.

I bet they're real mad at themselves for picking up Prust and Dorsett and inadvertently blocking their own rookies.

Tinhorn1

Aug 7, 2007
Was wondering to myself if any of us even expect Burrows to score anymore. He never seems to be brought up, good or bad.

Hit the post

I have your gold medal Zippy!
Oct 1, 2015
Hiding under WTG's bed...
Derek shouldn't be getting more then 3 minutes in the third imo. The fact yjat he got more minutes than 2/3rds of the top line is a god damn joke

Better him than another old Willie pet - Vey.

Baby steps....baby steps....:naughty:

That's outrageous!! Dorsett got six seconds more than Daniel!!

1-2-3-4....1-2-3-4......1-2-3-4....

Powder

Watch out, I bite.
Mar 14, 2011
Somewhere Up North
There are 30 possible outcomes. No one on the outside has an affect on the outcome. Therefore each team has a 1 in 30 chance. Don't confuse Vegas odds with mathematical odds.

The Canucks actually have a fractionally better chance than Eastern teams due to the uneven conferences.

This is such false logic. It's like looking at a given scenario with two possible outcomes and saying because there are two options, the chances are 50/50. Okay then, then you agree that every day you have a 50% chance of dying, since each day you either die or you don't. Man have we been beating these odds... Go flip a coin.

a Fool

Emperor has no picks
Mar 14, 2014
Next thread title should be "Rookies against the Great 8 (minutes)."

Nomobo

Feb 20, 2015
Victoria

Oh yeah, they'll be on here all night, picking up pointers on how to run an NHL team.:sarcasm:

Drop the Sopel

May 4, 2007
calgary
Another 20 minutes of icetime for Ben Hutton. This kid is the real deal. His escape-ability with the puck is Tanev like. Just a tremendous building block for the defenser moving forward.

17 minutes of icetime for Horvat. Felt like him being put with Dorsett and Prust was to get him going. Dorsett and Prust continue to impress. Prust's playmaking and puck movement in particular have been miles better than what I was expecting.

Miller continues to play very well. Has been 7 for 7 in terms of showing up and giving his team the best possible chance to succeed.

Weber draws in for Bartkowski next game, due to Matt failing to pick up the trailor. It's the right call at thins point, and he will make it.

Tough break off Tanev's stick for the late game winner, but this team looks like it has the depth to make the playoffs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad