Pre-Game Talk: Capitals 2018 trade deadline thread (Bob Mckenzie says caps in on notable defenders)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Skrudland2Lomakin

Jan 1, 2011
How about max domi for burakovsky?
I don't think the values track at this point, maybe last off season.

Domi is a 50 point type player, Burakovsky has never even sniffed 50 points. We'd have to sweeten the deal because even though I know Arizona has a history of under valuing their players, I just don't see that deal happening straight up.

um

Sep 4, 2008
toronto
Again...Burakovsky + for Hjalmarrson + Domi. Hits both nails on the head. The + can be a depth d-man (Chorney prob wouldnt get it done, but?)
What a coincidence, here's what I proposed in the Deadline thread

Grubeaur + Burakovsky + Bowey

for

Hjalmarsson + Domi + 2018 3rd (Calgary or Arizona)

Skrudland2Lomakin

Jan 1, 2011
Grubeaur + Burakovsky + Bowey

for

Hjalmarsson + Domi + 2018 3rd (Calgary or Arizona)
You're vastly overrating our guys and underrating their guys.

Bura has almost negative trade value at this point. Even when he wasn't sucking he was an inferior player to Domi. Bowey is a huuuuuuuge question mark. The only player of guaranteed value AZ receives in this trade is Grubauer.

Hjalmarssson and Domi individually are likely to garner first round equivalents in returns. their not going to be moved for our trash, a question mark, and one guy who is on their plane value wise. Where you got adding a draft pick to that deal is beyond me.

hockeykicker

Dec 3, 2014
Apparently burakovsky is either not at practice or not involved in practice

Different tweets causing confusion

hockeykicker

Dec 3, 2014
I don't think the values track at this point, maybe last off season.

Domi is a 50 point type player, Burakovsky has never even sniffed 50 points. We'd have to sweeten the deal because even though I know Arizona has a history of under valuing their players, I just don't see that deal happening straight up.

Oh agreed, I meant that with a sweetener

Skrudland2Lomakin

Jan 1, 2011
I think what everyone needs to come to terms with is with our current talent pool and farm system, a trade that does not hurt us in some sense is not possible. We're not going to be able to discard our trash and guys we're indifferent about and gain a windfall, we're going to have to move high picks or solid prospects to get a return. Guys like Stephenson, Vrana, Djoos, etc are going to be the ones that GMs are driving at.

I honestly am in the camp that we hold pat. This team isn't going to put it together with the addition of one or two guys. We've either got it right now or we don't. I also would hold Gru until the off season, Holtby has been shaky this season, I like having options in the PlOffs, I also think his value is at a maximum around the draft.

um

Sep 4, 2008
toronto
I'd do that, minus Grubauer. Thats basically all of our trade chips, in one deal

If it solves all our needs, than whats the problem?

We have little use for Grubauer if he's just gonna be our backup, Bowey will be scrached for Hjalmarsson, we have Johansen/Siegenthaler down in Hershey, and Burakovky is playing like poo and needs to be moved.

Anyways you gotta pay to get, i figure:

Grubauer >= Hjalmarsson
Burakovsky<Domi
Bowey>3rd

um

Sep 4, 2008
toronto
You're vastly overrating our guys and underrating their guys.

Bura has almost negative trade value at this point. Even when he wasn't sucking he was an inferior player to Domi. Bowey is a huuuuuuuge question mark. The only player of guaranteed value AZ receives in this trade is Grubauer.

Hjalmarssson and Domi individually are likely to garner first round equivalents in returns. their not going to be moved for our trash, a question mark, and one guy who is on their plane value wise. Where you got adding a draft pick to that deal is beyond me.

Your vastly underselling Bowey, he easily has top 4 potential.

And Burakovsky has little value yes, but saying he has negative value is silly.

Ridley Simon

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Marin County — SF Bay Area, CA
I think what everyone needs to come to terms with is with our current talent pool and farm system, a trade that does not hurt us in some sense is not possible. We're not going to be able to discard our trash and guys we're indifferent about and gain a windfall, we're going to have to move high picks or solid prospects to get a return. Guys like Stephenson, Vrana, Djoos, etc are going to be the ones that GMs are driving at.

I honestly am in the camp that we hold pat. This team isn't going to put it together with the addition of one or two guys. We've either got it right now or we don't. I also would hold Gru until the off season, Holtby has been shaky this season, I like having options in the PlOffs, I also think his value is at a maximum around the draft.

OV is playing like he's half a decade younger. You need to help him here, period. I also think you undervalue Bowey, Grubauer, and Burakovsky. I think those 3 together would get a LOT back. Both Burakovsky and Bowey would also get 1st's back, IMO. Domi and Burakovsky are equivalent players that could both use the change in scenery. Gruabuer and Bowey is more than enough for Hjalmarrson. Maybe too much

AlexBrovechkin8

At least there was 2018.
Sponsor
Feb 18, 2012
District of Champions
Burakovsky not playing in favor of Chiasson or DSP is a joke. Burakovsky isn't playing well but those guys are black holes and are fringe 4th liners. Trotz doesn't know how to do anything with young forwards other than scratch them and hope they play better to make him look smart.

hockeykicker

Dec 3, 2014
Burakovsky not playing in favor of Chiasson or DSP is a joke. Burakovsky isn't playing well but those guys are black holes and are fringe 4th liners. Trotz doesn't know how to do anything with young forwards other than scratch them and hope they play better to make him look smart.

I think we close to confirming that burakovsky is close to being gone. In my opinion of course

Ridley Simon

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002

We have little use for Grubauer if he's just gonna be our backup, Bowey will be scrached for Hjalmarsson, we have Johansen/Siegenthaler down in Hershey, and Burakovky is playing like poo and needs to be moved.

Anyways you gotta pay to get, i figure:

Grubauer >= Hjalmarsson
Burakovsky<Domi
Bowey>3rd

Well, if Grubauer was what was needed to get it done, then I'd swallow hard and do it. I'd rather have them keep the pick and we keep Grubauer.

txpd

Jan 25, 2003
New Bern, NC

The idea that a back up goaltender that you are comfortable you can win playoff games with is an unneeded piece for the playoffs. It only takes one play to go from Holtby to Grubauer. Going from Holtby to Copley would be certain doom

Ridley Simon

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
The idea that a back up goaltender that you are comfortable you can win playoff games with is an unneeded piece for the playoffs. It only takes one play to go from Holtby to Grubauer. Going from Holtby to Copley would be certain doom
I'm wondering if Samsanov is coming over at end of KHL season. Would be great to add him and Gersich to the pipelines

um

Sep 4, 2008
toronto
Well, if Grubauer was what was needed to get it done, then I'd swallow hard and do it. I'd rather have them keep the pick and we keep Grubauer.

I figured Grubauer is the most attractive piece for them, and we'd need to send his salary out to I think.

um

Sep 4, 2008
toronto

I think this franchise is committed to Holtby and that won't change this playoffs, keeping Grubauer so he can come in relief one random game isn't really worth it if we can make a good trade.

If you want a real NHL backup we could easily acquire one for a late pick, which I'd do.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad