Post-Game Talk: Capital Punishment

Boris Zubov

No relation to Sergei, Joe
May 6, 2016
Back on the east coast
AHL TV . I watch the games on my Roku devices. At this time of year they have special deals if you are just going to watch 1 team like me.
I'm too cheap to pay for AHL hockey on tv. I already hate paying for NHL hockey on tv.

I'd rather take my GF for a night out in the capital city & see the Pack live at the Hartford Civic Center.

• Wow
Reactions: Clark Kellogg

huerter

Aug 16, 2020
A few weeks ago Hoosiers fans were feuding with the players on social media. Tonight they walked into Mackey and completed the sweep.

Seasons have ups and downs.

leetch99

Leetch66 Joined 2007
Oct 5, 2017
PEI Canada
Got punked bad by Oshie, Kuznetsov and Wilson and there was no response what so ever.

Defense needs to focus on staying between the puck and goaltender. Enough with the odd man rushes. We are building a team full of superstar forwards, let them do the offense. Be patient, don't get lured into a track meet and the chances will come.

Keep playing Igor until he works through whatever he's going through. He isn't tracking the puck, he isn't controlling the puck and he isn't moving the puck like he is known for.

That's it. It's too early to be this mad on a Saturday. Need some good news here soon, but after the Kravy trade it kind of feels like it's gonna get worse.
This is what happens when you remove most of the worker bees from a hive and you are left with all Queen Bees .

Reactions: Kords and egelband

egelband

Sep 6, 2008
Even though Goodrow did Lindgren a solid and took care of oshie it’s actually an example of the problem. Teams are gonna keep running around a) now that they’ve seen it work and b) until the rangers make them pay for it in a real way. It’s basic stuff, but here we are.

• Love
Reactions: leetch99

leetch99

Leetch66 Joined 2007
Oct 5, 2017
PEI Canada
I agree with a lot of what’s been said. I agree the team D needs to be better. Specifically the D issues are stemming from the forwards not back checking hard enough.

That said, we have reverted back to the beginning of the season. We are getting owned in front of both netfronts. Absolutely owned. On D even when we are in the right spot there’s no one taking the body. No one is getting position. It’s a little bit that we always seemed to be outnumbered or scrambling, but it’s also a lack of physicality.

As for the offense: our desire to stop in front, screen a goalie, hunt rebounds, and just take the puck to the net is really lacking. The lack of a consistent cycle is a whole other thing.

But we are not winning the either netfronts. It’s not just a lack of hustle getting back, it’s just a softness.

I fear the team once again lacks an identity. Lacks a sense of spine to play a style that works in the playoffs. If it’s that bad… I mean Kane’s only going to make matters worse. Way worse. Because Drury has also signaled to the roster that the identity is far more offensive.

That you can bring in Tarasenko and see his lack of commitment to a team game and your solution is Kane…. I think this deadline has made me question if Drury actually has a plan.

Say what you want about ancient Lou but at least you know the style of team he wants the Isles to be. I can’t say the same for Dru. It’s bipolar btw this year and last.
I figure it's such a good read.....I may as well throw it back up for some folks to read . If they read it enough it might start sinking in . Drury is a man with no plan.....dog chasing his tail . He jumped too early last season and he did it again this season . Got ahead of himself . Should have been a good indicator of how bad he was going to be when he traded Buch for nothing and then turned around and traded the nothing back to Armstrong once again...so much for some posters theory that GM's won't deal with ya if you made look stupid.....it certainly has not stopped Drury LOL...

Last edited:

egelband

Sep 6, 2008
I also think a lot of the trouble stems from ownership not setting or sticking to a real plan. Drury might want to build long term or build a certain kind of lineup but he also has to make the playoffs and try to look like a genius too. Like trying to march to various beats of various drummers. It’s a tightrope.

Reactions: mandiblesofdoom

leetch99

Leetch66 Joined 2007
Oct 5, 2017
PEI Canada
Even though Goodrow did Lindgren a solid and took care of oshie it’s actually an example of the problem. Teams are gonna keep running around a) now that they’ve seen it work and b) until the rangers make them pay for it in a real way. It’s basic stuff, but here we are.
........and that ladies and gentlemen......is a mouthful .

I'll add my piece.... If Gallant can't salvage this between now and the end of the playoffs.....the team may as well hire Trotz as GM and let him pick his coach or stick with Turk......I honestly do not want to see Drury here past this season and for sure no where near the draft . For every year we employ Drury.....he sets u back 3 . Drury obviously has no feel for what transpires on the ice these days like a few posters in this group .......the only thing difference is....he should know....the rest one can understand !

CLW

Nov 11, 2018
I also think a lot of the trouble stems from ownership not setting or sticking to a real plan. Drury might want to build long term or build a certain kind of lineup but he also has to make the playoffs and try to look like a genius
........and that ladies and gentlemen......is a mouthful .

I'll add my piece.... If Gallant can't salvage this between now and the end of the playoffs.....the team may as well hire Trotz as GM and let him pick his coach or stick with Turk......I honestly do not want to see Drury here past this season and for sure no where near the draft . For every year we employ Drury.....he sets u back 3 . Drury obviously has no feel for what transpires on the ice these days like a few posters in this group .......the only thing difference is....he should know....the rest one can understand !

But is it Drury really? It always felt like Sather decided to get involved again to me, or at least the Rangers wanted to get back into it's comfort zone again with the firing of Gorton.

We talked about Drury being Sather's errand boy and he might as well be the way things are unfolding.

Deleted member 23124

I figure it's such a good read.....I may as well throw it back up for some folks to read . If they read it enough it might start sinking in . Drury is a man with no plan.....dog chasing his tail . He jumped too early last season and he did it again this season . Got ahead of himself . Should have been a good indicator of how bad he was going to be when he traded Buch for nothing and then turned around and traded the nothing back to Armstrong once again...so much for some posters theory that GM's won't deal with ya if you made look stupid.....it certainly has not stopped Drury LOL...
I honestly believe he's just the figurehead and "yes man" and the strings are being pulled by The Dolt and Stogie Man.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad