Salary Cap: Cap Space

Funk21

Mar 6, 2013
Toronto
Okay on General Fanager that the TML have very little cap space but when I add up the total contracts minus the LTIR contracts I see we have about 8 million plus in cap space, is this correct or am I missing something?

Thx

Pholus

May 23, 2014
The difference is that General Fanager did not subtract the LTIR contracts for the 'total cap hit' value. Players on LTIR still count against your cap space when your total cap hit is below the cap limit (ie. even with the LTIR players counting, Toronto is below the cap limit, so you can't just subtract those contracts to get the Leafs' total cap hit).

Funk21

Mar 6, 2013
Toronto
The difference is that General Fanager did not subtract the LTIR contracts for the 'total cap hit' value. Players on LTIR still count against your cap space when your total cap hit is below the cap limit (ie. even with the LTIR players counting, Toronto is below the cap limit, so you can't just subtract those contracts to get the Leafs' total cap hit).

Okay so technically we do have a ton of cap space if we were trading for bad contract or Stamkos next year! :yo:

Holymakinaw

May 22, 2007
Toronto
Okay on General Fanager that the TML have very little cap space but when I add up the total contracts minus the LTIR contracts I see we have about 8 million plus in cap space, is this correct or am I missing something?

Thx

Technically, we have less than a million in "space", but because we are allowed to exceed the cap for LTIR's.........yes, we can spend 8+ million.

Ad

Upcoming events

• USA vs Sweden
    USA vs Sweden
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $1,050.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Finland vs Czechia
    Finland vs Czechia
    Wagers: 1
    Staked: $200.00