Proposal: Cap dumps

pth2

Jan 7, 2018
There are more and more teams that are out of the playoffs, so more and more options for cap dumps.

If you're looking for expiring contracts as cap dumps, the value there will be very low. If you're looking at longer ones, that might give teams some return. I'd think the best value for Nashville now will be 5th rounders to act as pass-through, 3d party retention. Adding 25% retention to a Guentzel or Hanifin rental isn't something many teams could easily do right now.

Reactions: Dadof5boys

PredsV82

Trade Saros
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2007
There are more and more teams that are out of the playoffs, so more and more options for cap dumps.

If you're looking for expiring contracts as cap dumps, the value there will be very low. If you're looking at longer ones, that might give teams some return. I'd think the best value for Nashville now will be 5th rounders to act as pass-through, 3d party retention. Adding 25% retention to a Guentzel or Hanifin rental isn't something many teams could easily do right now.
We only have one retention spot left. Probably won't use it unless it's a really sweet deal

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
Are the Wild going to undercut retention values again this year just to get a couple of late round picks? Or is Guerin sober this time?

wmupreds

Dec 15, 2022
Are the Wild going to undercut retention values again this year just to get a couple of late round picks? Or is Guerin sober this time?
If ownership doesn't care about the money and you have the cap space, its just free picks as long as it's retention for a rental. I don't think value will ever be much more than what Minny got last go round

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad