OT: CanucksHF - Yahoo Fantasy Leauge (Draft is Thursday, Sep 25th at 10pm PST)

Status
Not open for further replies.

tc 23

#GaunceForGM
Dec 11, 2012
Vancouver
Yeah, I find the whole process of doing pre-draft rankings to be extremely useless and tedious if you're going to be at the draft as I always deviate from my list based on circumstances that happen (i.e. goalies or dmen suddenly going really quickly or accumulating too many of one position). I just make a mental note of players that I'm interested in and where they generally slot in and decide on the spot which player is the best for me to take.

Pip

Feb 2, 2012
Granduland
I find making a list very useful, and although I rarely stick to it, it does help me remember players that I may forget if I'm picking 'on the spot'. If you make an informed list by actually researching all/most of the players, you can more easily snag someone that everyone is forgetting. Especially in the later rounds

tc 23

#GaunceForGM
Dec 11, 2012
Vancouver
I've already done a ton of research on the draft and potential steals in late rounds since I'm in two pools with buddies irl with some pretty decent cash on the line ($1400 in one $500 in the other) so I have a lot of this info drilled into my head already.

Taelin

Resident Hipster
Jan 17, 2012
Vancouver
I find making a list very useful, and although I rarely stick to it, it does help me remember players that I may forget if I'm picking 'on the spot'. If you make an informed list by actually researching all/most of the players, you can more easily snag someone that everyone is forgetting. Especially in the later rounds

Same. Plus I tend to panic when I see the timer, so a pre-draft ranking list helps.

Pip

Feb 2, 2012
Granduland
I've already done a ton of research on the draft and potential steals in late rounds since I'm in two pools with buddies irl with some pretty decent cash on the line ($1400 in one $500 in the other) so I have a lot of this info drilled into my head already.

To each their own. I am a person who likes to have a list in front of me, and choose from a "shortlist" of 4-5 guys that are my BPAs. That's when need comes into account. Also, moneybags, settle down

tc 23

#GaunceForGM
Dec 11, 2012
Vancouver
To each their own. I am a person who likes to have a list in front of me, and choose from a "shortlist" of 4-5 guys that are my BPAs. That's when need comes into account. Also, moneybags, settle down

Never!

ngbbs4f57b6c15299e.jpg

nameless1

Apr 29, 2009
There was a draft I finished in half an hour.
Granted there was only 2 players online...
And it was football.

nameless1

Apr 29, 2009
Yeah, it's 1:30-2:00 per person (don't remember). The whole draft will likely take a few hours. The ones I did had less rounds and still took a couple hours.

It is usually 90 seconds...
Unless Andy changed the settings.

nameless1

Apr 29, 2009
Yeah, that's what I thought as well but I wasn't certain and someone mentioned it was around 2:00 per pick so I was wondering if it was changed or something.

It is 2 minutes.
I guess Andy changed it.

Reverend Mayhem

Lowly Serf/Reluctant Cuckold
Feb 15, 2009
Port Coquitlam, BC

I don't do much research anymore, all the research I did for this season has been done already. I mainly go on hunches and draft strategy so I don't make up a whole bunch of lists for these kinds of pools.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $36,790.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Cagliari vs Lecce
    Cagliari vs Lecce