Speculation: Canucks with 14 million in cap space this offseason

Duck Off

HF needs an App
Oct 25, 2002
Oklahoma
What do they do with it? Sign Evander kane? Bozak? JVR?

what will they do with it? Overpay Kane for starters. If they're smart they'll be smart with the cap space and not marry themselves to any awful contracts Like Louie's. I doubt they'll show that much restraint though.

Archangel

Oct 15, 2011
Vancouver
14 million is not a lot. Also it is 20 not 14. Problem facing the is what to do with the Sedins? And the bigger question is do they embrace the rebuild? This thread is more about dumping bad contracts on the Canucks. Problem will be how many and how long are they for? The nucks may take on one or two bad contracts but only for a max of two years and nothing more. I despise the nucks owner but he does not like to give money away, so thinking that he will take on a bad contract of say 4 to 6 mill a year and be happy about it? I do not think so. We are seeing how their youth is playing and they might just decide to keep playing them and not take on say a Lucic who would take time away from the youth. We are not Arizona, we actually want to win

jimmythescot

Jul 28, 2009
Edinburgh, Scotland
14 million is not a lot. Also it is 20 not 14. Problem facing the is what to do with the Sedins? And the bigger question is do they embrace the rebuild? This thread is more about dumping bad contracts on the Canucks. Problem will be how many and how long are they for? The nucks may take on one or two bad contracts but only for a max of two years and nothing more. I despise the nucks owner but he does not like to give money away, so thinking that he will take on a bad contract of say 4 to 6 mill a year and be happy about it? I do not think so. We are seeing how their youth is playing and they might just decide to keep playing them and not take on say a Lucic who would take time away from the youth. We are not Arizona, we actually want to win
The Sedins are retiring. They confirmed it about an hour ago.

Love

Feb 29, 2012
We have more than 14 mil. available. I believe it's 16.39 mil. or something like that.

shortfuze

Apr 23, 2007
toronto
Not to sure if the owner is cheap or not but I would think they would hold off on blowing money for a couple of years while the young’s guys develop to see where they are. And then go after some big names.

Advanced stats

May 26, 2010
Depends. Do Canucks fans think they have a shot with Petersson, Boeser, Horvat, and let's assume they get Zadina or Dahlin?

If you think that's good enough, you get price from Montreal and go for it.

Reactions: JuniorNelson

blankall

Jul 4, 2007
Seems look every year they have lots of cap space... Which they then blow on inexplicable vet free agent signings. I see a Bozak and a Green in their future.

Let's also keep in mind the Canucks need to sign 2 dmen and 4 forwards with that cap. It's not as much as people think. If they blow most of it on Tavares or Kane, things would be tight.

pheasant

Nov 2, 2010
Depends on whether or not ownership is willing to commit to the rebuild plan. So far, it seems, the mantra has slowly gone from "keep winning" to "keep competitive" to "OK, fine, let's rebuild".

I think it was only last year that Linden finally said the team was rebuilding. So it has always been a bit reluctant from the top to go this direction. If they stay the course, they could bring in cap dumps with that cap-space. But if they think they can take a shortcut then they will splurge on free agents.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad