Post-Game Talk: Canucks WIN. Def. Kraken - 5-4 (Mikheyev x2, Kuzmenko, Pettersson, Garland)

GranvilleIsland

Feb 26, 2013
Vancouver, B.C.
This is all on Aquaman, he's made the Canucks so bad that the fanbase has turned against them.

That and the sudden realization that the team is bad with no way out. Capped out for the foreseeable future. Barring a 5th round pick turning into a Norris candidate, we're pretty much screwed until OEL's contract expires and then Miller becomes the albatross.

PuckMunchkin

Very Nice, Very Evil!
Dec 13, 2006
Lapland
We're going to win. I think Demko looked a bit better in the last game against arguably the best team we've faced, and he gets some more off time to work with Clark this next week or so.

That's assuming he starts Thursday instead of Friday

I thought he looked pretty unwieldly for the first two periods and settled in for the 3rd. Am I rite?

The Carolina style might have helped him. They pepper the net with low danger shots.

EpochLink

Canucks and Jets fan
Aug 1, 2006
Vancouver, BC
That and the sudden realization that the team is bad with no way out. Capped out for the foreseeable future. Barring a 5th round pick turning into a Norris candidate, we're pretty much screwed until OEL's contract expires and then Miller becomes the albatross.

There was no point of getting OEL, Bennings obsession of getting him was what!? f***ing stupid ass trade, capped to the rafters.

MarkusNaslund19

Dec 28, 2005
Hilarious watching Boudreau's presser after the Canes game.

While I'm using quotes, I should be clear I'm paraphrasing but getting the thrust of the content correct.

Talking about the quality of the Hurricanes, "When you're running tape for the guys, you want to be careful how much you show. You don't want it to seem impossible" (paraphrasing, but this was on how well coached the Canes are, how well they pursue the puck, etc). And I'm not picking on Bruce, but when the strategy is 'let's ignore reality because it's bad for our confidence' wow, shocking that we lose a lot.

He also said on Miller, "Thought he played better today. He was engaged on the bench, and his shift lengths were better".
Which means that the guy whose 8 million dollar per year contract starts next year has been disengaged on the bench and floating around for long shifts 7 games into the year. God I'm tired of Miller. What a tragic 'compliment' Bruce has to offer as he looks for positives.

I know everybody here hated Benning like a cult, and thought I was a big defender. All I said was that he made some good moves, but that the problem was Aquillini and firing Benning wouldn't fix things. But I didn't think it would be like this. However, Benning was clearly an incredibly weak man. The reason he kept his job was because Aquilini was making the decisions and letting Benning be the stooge who had to defend them.

Myers is playing hurt, OEL looks mediocre, Rathbone looks like an absolute liability in his own zone, Schenn has lost a step, Brisebois isn't an NHLer. Hughes is hurt 'week to week' and it's probably not going to get better until he returns. Is that bad? I feel like that might be bad.

I will be watching and hoping for a win because I'm a degenerate hockey addict, but it's clear that we have one of the worst owners in the league and this is the result.

If we don't win this game, it seems incredibly unlikely we beat the Penguins who will want to salvage a western road swing having lost two in a row in Alberta, and will be resting for two days before catching us on a back to back.
We also constantly lose to New Jersey. So if we don't win this one, it may get to 0-8-2 before we know it.

Mr. Canucklehead

Kitimat Canuck
Dec 14, 2002
Kitimat, BC
Man, I just got the old timer award on here. Through all the disagreements, and disappointments I’m glad I can share my opinion with all. Things in my life are particularly hard right now, but at least I can come here to share in the joys and misery of Canuckdom with you all.

Here’s to a better result against the Kraken

Congrats on having made it here for so long! I’m sorry things are though for you right now, I hope they improve. It’s always good to come here to throw your hands up in the air in the rain like in Shawshank with fellow fans over the tribulations of this team. :laugh:

Sedinery

May 24, 2021
Could Tochett or Quenneville be options for us????

Would love to have Quenneville here

Mr. Canucklehead

Kitimat Canuck
Dec 14, 2002
Kitimat, BC
f*** no to Quenneville's rape enabling ass

Yup. Hardest of hard passes there.

Nor do I feel that removing Boudreau is the best option, here. This feels like a dressing room that needs a shake up. I don't know who that is or how it looks, but that is where I would focus my attention.

(That said, I feel like removing the coach is the first thing they'd try.)

Sedinery

May 24, 2021
f*** no to Quenneville's rape enabling ass
Alot of people at alot of higher levels were involved in that horrible situation

jQ was a scapegoat. If you think the head coach has that kind of true internal organization power you are dead wrong

….convincing Trotz to come to Van would be amazing

SeawaterOnIce

Bald is back in style.
Sponsor
Aug 28, 2011
Yup. Hardest of hard passes there.

Nor do I feel that removing Boudreau is the best option, here. This feels like a dressing room that needs a shake up. I don't know who that is or how it looks, but that is where I would focus my attention.

(That said, I feel like removing the coach is the first thing they'd try.)

I continue to feel this way as well. Yeo, Trotz, AV (again) or any coach available out there will probably not make a difference in the long run...Someone as experienced as Rutherford knows this. If they fire the coach and call it a day then I will gather that his hand was forced by someone above him.

When the hell did Lazar get injured? LOL, this is getting stupid.

Mr. Canucklehead

Kitimat Canuck
Dec 14, 2002
Kitimat, BC
I continue to feel this way as well. Yeo, Trotz, AV (again) or any coach available out there will probably not make a difference in the long run...Someone as experienced as Rutherford knows this. If they fire the coach and call it a day then I will gather that his hand was forced by someone above him.

Jesus Harold Christ on rubber crutches.

Lazar has been one of our most consistent effort-output guys, and a very refreshing voice in interviews as well. Definitely a guy I immediately like as part of this team.

SeawaterOnIce

Bald is back in style.
Sponsor
Aug 28, 2011
Jesus Harold Christ on rubber crutches.

Lazar has been one of our most consistent effort-output guys, and a very refreshing voice in interviews as well. Definitely a guy I immediately like as part of this team.
Next tweet:
General Manager Patrik Allvin announced today the following roster moves: - Jesus Christ has been placed on injured reserved. Satan has been called up.

brock hughes007

Sep 12, 2019
victoria

When the going gets tough,,Boeser gets injured. Just blow this up,,it's beyond stupid now..

Mr. Canucklehead

Kitimat Canuck
Dec 14, 2002
Kitimat, BC
When the going gets tough,,Boeser gets injured. Just blow this up,,it's beyond stupid now..

I can't remember the exact wording from the broadcast the other night, but - Brisebois is in a unique position where he is one of the longest tenured players in the Canucks' organization at this time. Who'd have thought?

SeawaterOnIce

Bald is back in style.
Sponsor
Aug 28, 2011
It was quite clear his wrist/arm injury in the pre-season was serious and he was allowed to play until it worsened. I get letting the players have a say but we've seen too many instances of guys being put into a spot where their injuries or condition worsen: Ferland, Pettersson, Poolman, Hughes, Boeser.

I can't remember the exact wording from the broadcast the other night, but - Brisebois is in a unique position where he is one of the longest tenured players in the Canucks' organization at this time. Who'd have thought?

Horvat?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad