Post-Game Talk: Canucks @ Wild | No Winnesota for the Canucks. Lose 6-2.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chairman Maouth

Retired Staff
Apr 29, 2009
Comox Valley
:nucks @ :wild

Canucks recall Kenins and Pedan

Vancouver, BC – Vancouver Canucks General Manager Jim Benning announced today that the club has recalled forward Ronalds Kenins and defenceman Andrey Pedan.

More: http://canucks.nhl.com/club/news.htm?id=792374

Canucks-Wild Preview
3 hours ago
AP - Sports

The Minnesota Wild have never posted three straight home shutouts and they'll be turning to a different goaltender than the one who started their last two games at the Xcel Energy Center.

Darcy Kuemper enters off a road shutout and will get the start Tuesday night against a Vancouver Canucks team experiencing some road woes.

More: http://sports.yahoo.com/news/canucks-wild-preview-204715215--nhl.html

Last edited by a moderator:

Samzilla

Prust & Dorsett are
Apr 2, 2011
omg, i hate the date before the month format. Yes, this is a bigger concern to me than the game.

Eddy Punch Clock

Jack Adams 2028
Jun 13, 2007
Chillbillyville
omg, i hate the date before the month format. Yes, this is a bigger concern to me than the game.

I miss having the time and network in the titles.

But this isn't to rag on the Chairman... no one wants to step up and make creative and fun GDT's anymore. I appreciate the fact someone is at least doing something consistently.

That in itself speaks volumes to the general apathy and lack of passion most of us have for this team right now. IMO anyways.

Things were a lot more fun around here when we were contenders. Funny how that works eh?

That being said, I'm still for the full rebuild.

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
Mixed emotions on this one....always want to see the team compete and do well...but if they were to go say 1-5 on this roadtrip they'd be virtually dead and buried, even in the sad-sack Pacific Division.....more interest in the deadline dealing and a top-five pick than anything happening in the standings.

Hammer79

Jan 9, 2009
Kelowna
Mixed emotions on this one....always want to see the team compete and do well...but if they were to go say 1-5 on this roadtrip they'd be virtually dead and buried, even in the sad-sack Pacific Division.....more interest in the deadline dealing and a top-five pick than anything happening in the standings.

The thing is, I don't care much about the 'long game'. I'll never manage a team in RL, so why get worked up like some kind of armchair QB GM? I'll worry about next year, next year. If the plan was to intentionally tank Oilers-style, I just wouldn't tune in and my interest in hockey would wane. I'm already watching the game on mute most of the time.

In the present, I just want to see my favorite team entertain me by playing well and leaving it all on the ice. Right now, the only players worth their entertainment value wear #22 and #33 on their backs.

Huggy

Respectful Handshake
Jul 22, 2014
Vancouver
The thing is, I don't care much about the 'long game'. I'll never manage a team in RL, so why get worked up like some kind of armchair QB GM? I'll worry about next year, next year. If the plan was to intentionally tank Oilers-style, I just wouldn't tune in and my interest in hockey would wane. I'm already watching the game on mute most of the time.

In the present, I just want to see my favorite team entertain me by playing well and leaving it all on the ice. Right now, the only players worth their entertainment value wear #22 and #33 on their backs.

I cheer for rookie goals

And hutton magic.

Shareefruck

Apr 2, 2005
Vancouver, BC
Everybody's used to MM/DD/YYYY, but it's only because it's what we know (and because the english words are in that order)-- logically, it's a pretty stupid format that it makes no sense to use.

Eddy Punch Clock

Jack Adams 2028
Jun 13, 2007
Chillbillyville
Everybody's used to MM/DD/YYYY, but it's only because we're used to it (and because the english words are in that order)-- logically, it's a pretty stupid format that it makes no sense to use.

I don't think it's illogical.

When you tell people your birthday do you say (I'll use mine as an example...) "August the 1st 1971" or "the 1st of August 1971"?

So, I see the logic. That being said, I would prefer to see what day it actually is first. I think most everybody has a grip on what month and year it is at any given time.

Shareefruck

Apr 2, 2005
Vancouver, BC
I don't think it's illogical.

When you tell people your birthday do you say (I'll use mine as an example...) "August the 1st 1971" or "the 1st of August 1971"?

So, I see the logic. That being said, I would prefer to see what day it actually is first. I think most everybody has a grip on what month and year it is at any given time.
I mentioned "because the english words are in that order".

It's illogical because it's a global number system that demands to be translateable across countries, but the only reason for it being ordered that way is based on one specific language.

It makes sense to go from shortest to longest or longest to shortest. Sticking the day in the middle, especially when we're not in our own localized bubble, just creates confusion for everybody.

You can't expect other countries who don't order their months, days, and years that way in their language to adopt MM/DD/YYYY, and what you end up with is this thing where nobody has any idea what 06/10/2015 means. Is that November 6th or June 10th? It's complete madness!

I agree that YYYY/MM/DD makes the most sense. Nobody's mistaking that one.

Last edited:

mathonwy

Positively #toxic
Jan 21, 2008
I mentioned "because the english words are in that order".

It's illogical because it's a global number system that demands to be translateable across countries, but the only reason for it being ordered that way is based on language.

It makes sense to go from shortest to longest or longest to shortest. Sticking the day in the middle, especially when we're not in our own localized bubble, just creates confusion for everybody.

I agree that YYYY/MM/DD makes the most sense. Nobody's mistaking that one.

2015-12-14 is also extremely sortable on the COMPUTER, or the Portable PC.

DL44

Status quo
Sep 26, 2006
Day month year. Smallest time frame to largest. Makes sense. The Canadian way.

I prefer year-Month-day for it being daily sortable for Excel....
When the year is last.. You have no idea which system people using if it's before the 13th of month.
No brainer to go Yr first in a completely numerical situation.

Go Canucks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad