Pre-Game Talk: Canucks vs. Panthers, Sunday afternoon

Does Roberto Luongo deserve to have his number retired by the Vancouver Canucks?

• Yes.

Votes: 20 30.8%
  • No, but he should be inducted into the Ring of Honour

Votes: 44 67.7%
  • No, and no Ring of Honour, either, as too many bridges were burned

Votes: 1 1.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Bertuzzzi44

Jun 26, 2018
Luongo’s number shouldn’t be retired (definitely ROH), we shouldn’t immortalize very good players, only legendary excellence. However, if Naslund’s # is up there, then Luo’s should be too as we already set the bar low.

Reactions: Zanon

Pastor Of Muppetz

Oct 1, 2017
When the Panthers play here with Luongo,it seems like they have had the last laugh lately....Its going to be a close one again, judging by the scores the Panthers had in Alberta (they lost both of those games..rest assured, they're going to be up ,and determined to win this one).

Billy Kvcmu

Dec 5, 2014
West Vancouver
As much as I want them to waive Granlund/Schaller

Gaudette is the only one that doesn’t require waiver and will benefit from top line mins in Utica.
It’s the logical choice

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
Wow! When you look at the lineup and try to project where the goals are going to come from, it's like a gut-punch realizing how much worse this team is without Pettersson in the lineup. Hard to be believe that one 20-year old rookie could make that much difference.

But the lineup without him is a legit 26th-31st place bottom-feeder.

Reactions: hittes petr sykora

ErrantShepherd

Nostalgic despite the Bad
Dec 2, 2018
...Canada, eh?
Wow! When you look at the lineup and try to project where the goals are going to come from, it's like a gut-punch realizing how much worse this team is without Pettersson in the lineup. Hard to be believe that one 20-year old rookie could make that much difference.

But the lineup without him is a legit 26th-31st place bottom-feeder.

Yep. I mean... there was a legitimate reason everyone predicted us in that range at the start of the season.

That's where we are without Pettersson. I mean after all... We lost to the Coyotes on Thursday. :facepalm:

mathonwy

Positively #toxic
Jan 21, 2008
Do you think Florida would mind taking real Gud with them when they leave?

We’ll even throw in a 7th.

sexydonut

May 12, 2009
Who cares about a win or loss?

Just send the torches and pitchforks for Mike "Pylon" Matheson.

That POS overpaid defenceman can't defend against a slug, but he gets frustrated and briefly morphs into Hulk Hogan. Then he excuses his behavior and complains about mean people on social media. Boo Hoo.

Want the Canucks to shoot pucks and score goals through his feet, or shoot pucks at his groin. I think the latter would be more satisfying.

Fire Benning

diaper filled piss baby
Oct 2, 2016
Hell
Lu is having a rough season in terms of performance and injuries. Wouldn't be surprised if he's LTIR'd at the end of the season and this is his last game in Van.

member 290103

Luongo’s number shouldn’t be retired (definitely ROH), we shouldn’t immortalize very good players, only legendary excellence. However, if Naslund’s # is up there, then Luo’s should be too as we already set the bar low.

Luongo was more than a very good player. He was for a time widely considered the best goalie in the world. He was the cornerstone of an era of Canuck hockey that was easily its finest in team history.

He deserves his number to be retired, regardless of who has or has not see. Theirs retired.

Reactions: cookiefest

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
Gaudette absolutely deserves to play. Wow.
I'm really starting to scratch my head about how Green handles some younger players. Gaudette makes one turnover at the blueline in the last game and then is stapled to the pine the rest of way, despite scoring a goal. And now a healthy scratch on Sunday?

And Goldy in an out of the doghouse....benched, scratched and called out. Meantime guys like Eriksson, Sutter and Granlund can float through game after game, making little or no difference on the score-sheet and committing just as many turnovers at crucial times.

But it was the same with Willie. I guess most coaches have a 'double-standard' when it comes to rookies and vets.

Reactions: geebaan

sexydonut

May 12, 2009
I still don't understand the appeal of Pouliot and Gudbranson playing ahead of the scratched defencemen.

Reactions: Ori
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad