Pick ‘em

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

jackjohnson

Feb 9, 2021
Holy cherry picking.

We’ve heard that all season.
Mumble, mumble, PDO.
Hope Canucks beat Oilers with very high PDO...like get 15 shots and score 6 on skinny boy.

The Oilers were putting up as many near goals in round one as you were shots and this coming from a neutral that watched both series.
At the end of the day, Canucks won. Thats all that matters

Warh1ppy

Feb 14, 2018
I think as a whole the Oilers outscore the Canucks.

BUT!

I still think that while i bet on the Oilers in 6 games to win the series, that even if the Oilers pound out 10 goals every game they win game, the Canucks could still win this series if the Oilers aren't smart about it

2for1PizzaPastuh

Jan 13, 2023
Nashville played a safe game, they literally just blocked shots constantly, didn't even really try and score on us. Just focused on cutting us off from getting shots inside of the perimeter. It's why we had like 85 shot attempts one game but only like 20 that made it through.

The Oilers, since I can see you don't understand context, don't actually play that style, they play more run and gun, because they have the superstars to do it, which is far more akin to what the Canucks do.

Unless you think the Oilers will completely change their style of game, the last series is completely irrelevant.
You make it sound as if it were a shooting gallery in the Nashville end, which many expected it to be at the start of the series, and which it was far from.

Vancouver did not meet expectations last round. Not too sure how you can argue against that. If they don't find another 3+ gears this series, it's going to be quick outs against McDavid.

Reactions: byrath

DelZottoHitTheNetJK

Mar 10, 2011
Oilers are going to absolutely wax them. Vancouver didn't really beat Nashville in that series, Nashville beat Nashville in that series. They're just not a good team.

If Demko can't go it's going to be a short series. If he goes and plays well, Oilers in 6

Vancouver fans, I'm just calling it how I see it. You cannot be throwing less than 20 shots on net per game against an actual legitimate playoff team and expect to win long term. Those late game miracles aren't happening against Edmonton. You guys have a fun team to watch I just don't think the experience is there for a longer than second round run. I have Edmonton coming out of the West this year; McDavid has to get his at some point and I think this is the year they get to the finals

pomx

May 15, 2014
That’s right, McGiveMeACallRef will draw more penalties

byrath

Jan 28, 2008
St. Louis, MO
Oilers are going to absolutely wax them. Vancouver didn't really beat Nashville in that series, Nashville beat Nashville in that series. They're just not a good team.

If Demko can't go it's going to be a short series. If he goes and plays well, Oilers in 6

Vancouver fans, I'm just calling it how I see it. You cannot be throwing less than 20 shots on net per game against an actual legitimate playoff team and expect to win long term. Those late game miracles aren't happening against Edmonton. You guys have a fun team to watch I just don't think the experience is there for a longer than second round run. I have Edmonton coming out of the West this year; McDavid has to get his at some point and I think this is the year they get to the finals
Unfortunately agree. Five games I think, but a sweep wouldn't surprise me. Unless several Canucks players have another gear or something bizarre happens with goaltending. Oilers defense is better than some give them credit for.

Nucklehead Supreme

Jul 10, 2011
The Oilers were putting up as many near goals in round one as you were shots and this coming from a neutral that watched both series.
Yes, they did, against a team that couldn't stop them, Nashville on the other hand, came into the playoffs as one of the hottest teams in the league, the structure they played against us, LA doesn't. We will get more shots against Edmonton because we match up better against them, they won't play the same structure that Nashville did.

You make it sound as if it were a shooting gallery in the Nashville end, which many expected it to be at the start of the series, and which it was far from.

Vancouver did not meet expectations last round. Not too sure how you can argue against that. If they don't find another 3+ gears this series, it's going to be quick outs against McDavid.
It was a tight defensive playoff round, that happens, all the time in the playoffs. Again since this is so hard, it was the only way they had a chance of beating us.

We won won the round, that's the only expectation anyone had of them.

M2Beezy

Objective and Neutral Hockey Commentator
Sponsor
May 25, 2014
Should just change the sub-forum name
From “Stanley Cup Playoffs” to “Vancouver vs Edmonton Series”.

We aren’t far off from a topic about which teams eats the better breakfast, lunch and dinner
That is an interesting topic. Please start it up 3eezy

Reactions: Angry Little Elf

WTG

December 5th
Jan 11, 2015
Pickle Time Deli & Market
It showed in your struggles with Nashville a few days ago lmao
1715142000788.png

Oilers were literal powerplay merchants in the LA series. Got ran around circles in their own zone by LA 5on5. If the refs put the whistles away, Oilers would need to play better than they did vs LA tio win.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad