GDT: Canucks vs Kraken. 7pm PST. Saturday October 23rd

Status
Not open for further replies.

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
Oh my god, another home opener. Including our own, we have to watch the janitors assistant to the assistant be introduced how many times? 4?
Seattle just officially had their first event yesterday with a Coldplay concert. Curious to read about how the traffic was to move people in and out before and after the event. That was the one major thing that Ian Ferness had mentioned about the location. Limited parking and transit isn’t great.

Canucks need points out of this game having gone 0 for vs Det and Buf.

Reactions: CanuckCity

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
Canucks at the end of a six-game road-trip, one of their longest of the season. And the Kraken returning home after a stint of their own on the road.

Hard to know which team will be the most fatigued. Demko might have to outplay Grubauer by a big margin for the Canucks to garner points out of this one.

Fortunately for them, the Kraken are struggling to score.....so if the Canucks were get a couple early, the game might open up which would definitely to their advantage.

Pastor Of Muppetz

Oct 1, 2017
Looking forward to this one (watching the ESPN feed)..The new arena looks incredible, and there's going to be an enthusiastic crowd for their home opener.

As for the game itself..The Kraken are a rested group, and will be ready to take on the Canucks..As for the Canucks, they are going to have to muster the energy at the end of this coast to coast 6 game road trip..Going in their favour, they finally have Pettersson, Boeser and Hughes all healthy together..All in all, I think the Canucks are the superior team.

Cogburn

Pretend they're yachts.
May 28, 2010
Vancouver
I love some of the pregame stuff...but someone brought up a comparison to major league soccer in Europe. The puck drop should be at the scheduled time, and all the fan appreciation, special events, staff or player recognition, etc, should be held before the scheduled time.

Any way, release the Kraken! Hopefully we see Miller or Petey go Perseus on them.

Or...the Cetus?

Or more accurately, go...Odin? Tyr? Thor? I honestly don't know who killed the Kraken during Ragnarok. It's Norse, and definitely not Baldr that killed it.

Anyway, beat the Seattle Cetus.

M2Beezy

Objective and Neutral Hockey Commentator
Sponsor
May 25, 2014
4-2 Seattle, our goals BOTH by Schenn

krutovsdonut

eeyore
Sep 25, 2016
the nhl setting up the kraken home opener to be against their supposed future neighbour rivals when they are at the tail end of a season opening 6 game road trip should tell you all you need to know about how the nhl feels about the canucks. all that is missing is it being a back to back for us.

Reactions: Johnathon Tanner

Pastor Of Muppetz

Oct 1, 2017
the nhl setting up the kraken home opener to be against their supposed future neighbour rivals when they are at the tail end of a season opening 6 game road trip should tell you all you need to know about how the nhl feels about the canucks.
Because this is a landmark game for Seattle and the NHL...I wonder if game management rears its ugly head.?...especially if the home team goes down by a few?

Reactions: Johnathon Tanner

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
the nhl setting up the kraken home opener to be against their supposed future neighbour rivals when they are at the tail end of a season opening 6 game road trip should tell you all you need to know about how the nhl feels about the canucks. all that is missing is it being a back to back for us.
Seattle is also returning home two days earlier from their opening 5 game eastern swing. LV, Nash, CBS, Phi, NJ. both teams need points as they both lost 2 regulation games in their previous 3 games.

wonton15

Höglander
Dec 13, 2009
Theme of the season so far is coming out flat and playing a 30-40 minute game. Green seems to be ok with this.

Nucker101

Foundational Poster
Apr 2, 2013
Gotta weather yet another first period storm, hopefully only get outshot by like 5. Just get pucks in deep, collapse in your own zone, and survive/battle.

Then after that hopefully get some power plays to tie the game or take the lead, then play like it’s a 5v5 PK the rest of the way and hope that Demko stands on his head

/Travis Green

Scomerica

Aug 14, 2020
Seattle, Wa
New Kraken fan here. What's the general interest level in the Kraken in Vancouver? Do they ever get talked about (good or bad)? Do any of you plan to take in a game in Seattle when the border re-opens with it being a 3 hour drive away? Whether Canucks or another team

82Ninety42011

Jul 2, 2011
Abbotsford BC
I'll be the optimist today and predict a 5-3 win with 2 on the PP tomorrow. EP and Garland will be the first 2 stars :D and Seattle crowd will be loud !!

canuckking1

Feb 8, 2015
Kraken's goaltending has been bad. Canucks just need to focus on getting pucks on net.

Diogenes92

Dec 13, 2014
North Vancouver
Nice to get the 2 points but that last game was hard to watch. Canucks should've dominated.

I'm hoping for a more complete performance against Seattle because if they keep playing like they did against the Blackhawks, they're going to lose a lot this season.

JanBulisPiggyBack

Dec 31, 2011
Legit excited for this game

I’m as enthusiastic for this game as I am for playoffs games

I want to win this game very very very much

Nobody knows who the Kraken are yet, I don’t think the Kraken know who they are yet but they shouldn’t be taken lightly, Vancouver needs to silence the crowd within 5 mins of puck drop

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad