GDT: Canucks visiting Nashville. Vancouver Canucks @ Nashville Predators; 7p.m.

golfmade

Go Preds Go
Dec 30, 2002
Idahoan in Taiwan
Canucks have played one less game than us, and they are 1 point ahead of us.

We have scored less goals than they have but we also have let in less goals than they have.

Jannik Hansen returns after his one game suspension.

Let's hope we play 100% for all periods.

AtlantaWhaler

Thrash/Preds/Sabres
Jul 3, 2009
A true test. They came on strong late against the Blackhawks the other night. Hope we can grab a win.

Go Preds!!

nashpreds

Sep 13, 2008
Toronto
Going to be a very tough matchup. Our offense has been doing well recently though so as long as we keep it up, we have a good chance for a W.

drwpreds

Mar 19, 2012
Birmingham
Tough game for sure- I hate playing the Canucks. Rinne reportedly looked ok in the morning skate so hopefully he will be fine. Canucks only have 1 win in last 4 gms and had a tough game last night so hopefully that will be an advantage.

On a side note, did anyone see their game last night? They had a 4-3 lead and had a late power play- for the last 2 minutes, they just passed the puck around and ran out the clock- Dallas never touched the puck and didn't even look like they were trying to, as if they didn't even realize they were behind.

It was really bizarre.

Cashville

RIP Lindback
Apr 12, 2011
Denver
I'd take a point and be happy; Canucks are a good team. The fact they played a pretty tough game against DAL last night works in our favor. Rinne practiced at morning skate today; should be good to go.

I am in NYC for a bachelor party; will try to keep up on my phone, but bummed I can't devote my full attention to this one. Think it will be a great game; 3-2 OT one way or the other.

Canuck16

that's curtains!
Apr 11, 2011
Winnipeg, MB
Tough game for sure- I hate playing the Canucks. Rinne reportedly looked ok in the morning skate so hopefully he will be fine. Canucks only have 1 win in last 4 gms and had a tough game last night so hopefully that will be an advantage.

On a side note, did anyone see their game last night? They had a 4-3 lead and had a late power play- for the last 2 minutes, they just passed the puck around and ran out the clock- Dallas never touched the puck and didn't even look like they were trying to, as if they didn't even realize they were behind.

It was really bizarre.

Yup, i watched that. More shots please! Shots = goals. That type of play with a 1 goal lead is not wise. I don't mind the puck possession but they only attempted 1 shot the entire time. Dallas should have pressured Henrik around but they gave him extra time and space which was bizzare considering the circumstances. I bet Dallas Pk'ers were dog tired after 1 minute though. In Video Game world you see that "garbage" all the time -- usually some idiot skating with the puck in his own end trying to milk the last few minutes. At least the Canucks were in the offensive zone cycling and passing the puck.

Mr. Canucklehead

Kitimat Canuck
Dec 14, 2002
Kitimat, BC
A true test. They came on strong late against the Blackhawks the other night. Hope we can grab a win.

Go Preds!!

The Canucks actually showed up for about 25 minutes (the whole first period, dying minutes of the 3rd) in that game. The only reason we weren't blown out the back door of the building in that game was because Schneider played magnificently.

I frequently say it about teams playing in back to backs, but if the other team can withstand the early adrenaline-fuelled push from the team playing it's second in as many nights, it bodes well for them.

Hoping or a good game - these two teams seem to play each other hard.

Noticing some comments on Rinne - is he hurt?

Karter

Feb 16, 2012
Sherbrooke
Good luck Nashville!

Enjoy playing you guys and find you to be some of the easiest fans to get along with for the record.

Hope it's a gongshow.

Jonesey

R.I.P. Steve AKA Pred303
Feb 17, 2009
Tennessee
The Canucks actually showed up for about 25 minutes (the whole first period, dying minutes of the 3rd) in that game. The only reason we weren't blown out the back door of the building in that game was because Schneider played magnificently.

I frequently say it about teams playing in back to backs, but if the other team can withstand the early adrenaline-fuelled push from the team playing it's second in as many nights, it bodes well for them.

Hoping or a good game - these two teams seem to play each other hard.

Noticing some comments on Rinne - is he hurt?

Some posters were saying he may be sick. As far as I know he will be in net tonight.

Mr. Canucklehead

Kitimat Canuck
Dec 14, 2002
Kitimat, BC
No- he was sick earlier in week- should be fine tonight

Good for you, bad for us. :laugh:

I would expect Luongo to start tonight. Schneider had a spectacular game in Chicago and thus got the start in Dallas last night. Usually, unless a goalie pitches a shutout in one half of the back to backs, they go with the other guy in the second game. So I'd bet on Luongo.

Our lineup if you guys are interested...

D. Sedin - H. Sedin - Burrows
Higgins - Kesler - Hansen
Raymond - Schroeder - Booth
Weise - Lapierre - Kassian

Hamhuis - Bieksa
Edler - Tanev
Ballard - Garrison

Also - you guys have some "Canuck Killers" among you.

Martin Erat - 35GP, 8G, 21A, 29Pts
Mike Fisher - 19GP, 10G, 4A, 14Pts
Colin Wilson - 9GP, 2G, 4A, 6Pts

Jonesey

R.I.P. Steve AKA Pred303
Feb 17, 2009
Tennessee
Good for you, bad for us. :laugh:

I would expect Luongo to start tonight. Schneider had a spectacular game in Chicago and thus got the start in Dallas last night. Usually, unless a goalie pitches a shutout in one half of the back to backs, they go with the other guy in the second game. So I'd bet on Luongo.

Our lineup if you guys are interested...

D. Sedin - H. Sedin - Burrows
Higgins - Kesler - Hansen
Raymond - Schroeder - Booth
Weise - Lapierre - Kassian

Hamhuis - Bieksa
Edler - Tanev
Ballard - Garrison

Also - you guys have some "Canuck Killers" among you.

Martin Erat - 35GP, 8G, 21A, 29Pts
Mike Fisher - 19GP, 10G, 4A, 14Pts
Colin Wilson - 9GP, 2G, 4A, 6Pts

I hope Wilson will continue his breakout season this game. I still hate Kesler and his trolling. I wish he posted here so I could infract him.

Mr. Canucklehead

Kitimat Canuck
Dec 14, 2002
Kitimat, BC
I hope Wilson will continue his breakout season this game. I still hate Kesler and his trolling. I wish he posted here so I could infract him.

The possibilities for this with players (and better yet, media personalities) is intriguing. Wanna send out an invitation? :naughty:

On Kesler - offensively, he's been pretty good since his return from injury. Defensively, he hasn't even been close to his usual self, as evidenced by a horrific giveaway directly in front of Schneider last night that lead to a Brenden Morrow goal.

Jonesey

R.I.P. Steve AKA Pred303
Feb 17, 2009
Tennessee
The possibilities for this with players (and better yet, media personalities) is intriguing. Wanna send out an invitation? :naughty:

On Kesler - offensively, he's been pretty good since his return from injury. Defensively, he hasn't even been close to his usual self, as evidenced by a horrific giveaway directly in front of Schneider last night that lead to a Brenden Morrow goal.

Sure.. i'd make him a sign but I don't think i'll be at the game. I'd get to moderate his registration too so I'm sure I'd have alot of fun!

Nashvols

Jun 8, 2011
Nashville

I've noticed that. He doesn't appear to have lost a step on offense (or at least not a noticeable one in the several minutes of game action I've caught).

Defensively...holy hell, he looks like a rookie. His awareness has looked bad. If you didn't know he was back from injury, you'd never guess he'd be a Selke contender.

TootooTrain

Sandpaper
Jun 12, 2010
Looks like the only one out for the Preds is Gaustad. Upper body.

Addition by subtraction.

Preds are catching the Nucks at a good time. I'm thinking they can sneak out a 2-1 win.

The bridgestone arena should have a promotion with Vancouver games. Kesler inspired chicken wings. (no I will not let this die)

Mr. Canucklehead

Kitimat Canuck
Dec 14, 2002
Kitimat, BC
I've noticed that. He doesn't appear to have lost a step on offense (or at least not a noticeable one in the several minutes of game action I've caught).

Defensively...holy hell, he looks like a rookie. His awareness has looked bad. If you didn't know he was back from injury, you'd never guess he'd be a Selke contender.

Yeah, I think (hope) it's a matter of him just getting back up to speed. On the PP - where the majority of his offense has come - you can slow the play down and make your moves accordingly. PK/ES is a lot quicker and he's struggling with that.

Another guy who is just back from injury is Booth, but he's being eased in a lot slower.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad