GDT: Canucks visit the Kraken (24NOV)

Fuhrious

Feb 3, 2004
Interesting matchup tonight. Canucks have lost 3 of their last 4, and their powerplay is sputtering going 0 for 10 in those same 4 games. @Irie said in another GDT that other teams are emulating Vegas and Boston, playing a tighter, more disciplined game. In the game against the Canucks on the 18th, Vancouver appeared to play a much more free-flowing pace driven style which perhaps suits Seattle’s own system a bit better?

If Hughes and Miller come out flying, it could be rough. Here’s hoping for a game similar to the 18th with the Kraken playing a full 60.

Reddit seems to think D’Accord getting the start, haven’t seen any confirmation as far as a team social media post however.

Reactions: The Marquis

kihei

McEnroe: The older I get, the better I used to be.
Jun 14, 2006
Toronto
The last one was fun hockey. We won in Vancouver; let's win in Seattle.

kihei

Jun 14, 2006
Toronto
I’m ready for this! Haven’t had a drink in a month (during a game) but I did today. Just a couple, but I’m ready and raring.
May I recommend Nikka from the Barrel malt whisky from Japan. Compares with very good scotches and Irish whiskies. Japan is the place for single malt these days.

Great call on that penalty, though I am surprised the ref actually called it.

kihei

Jun 14, 2006
Toronto
Matty scores. Well, that one sneaked by nicely.

What wretched luck--it looks like the play was offside.

kihei

Jun 14, 2006
Toronto
Same fast-paced game that we saw in Vancouver with both teams whizzing through the neutral zone.

kihei

Jun 14, 2006
Toronto
Another entertaining period between these two teams, very even with defensive lapses on both sides. Ours just happened to be the more egregious.

Reactions: Kevinsane

Toomany7pins

Dec 4, 2018
Seattle Area
Such a BS rule that allowed for a review when the goal occurred a minute after the “infraction”. NHL is turning into the NFL officiating and stupid rules wise.

Let’s eliminate as many subjective calls as possible to better the game NHL.

A double minor and they can’t even get a goal out of it.

That’s kraken hockey baby! :(

kihei

Jun 14, 2006
Toronto
Two goals down is going to be a challenge given the way we are not getting anything past Demko,

kihei

Jun 14, 2006
Toronto
Interesting to know. He got us a big goal. Gives us a real chance in the third period.

kihei

Jun 14, 2006
Toronto
Doesn't look like Vancouver will be content to sit back and protect a one goal lead--which is what we too often do.

Fuhrious

Feb 3, 2004
That’s on Beniers, losing three straight dzone faceoffs. And maybe on Hak for continuing to have him take those draws.

Reactions: kihei

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad