Confirmed with Link: Canucks sign F Sheldon Dries to 1-Year, 2-Way Deal ($750K)

AwesomeInTheory

A Christmas miracle
Aug 21, 2015
It's hilarious that they are actually putting some effort into the farm team now that it's in Abbotsford instead of Utica. Is hilarious the right word? Pathetic?

Gotta develop all those prospects we have in the system.

Nucker101

Foundational Poster
Apr 2, 2013
It's hilarious that they are actually putting some effort into the farm team now that it's in Abbotsford instead of Utica. Is hilarious the right word? Pathetic?

lol no kidding

if this is what it takes for them to give a shit then better late than never I guess, only wish they moved sooner

Mr. Canucklehead

Kitimat Canuck
Dec 14, 2002
Kitimat, BC

While true - I wouldn’t underestimate the fact that it’s a pro hockey team in Fraser Valley. A lot of the guys they are signing are locals who probably love the idea of playing close to home.

I don’t know that Utica was home to a lot of pro hockey players.

ziploc

Aug 29, 2003
Vancouver
Feel bad for Utica. Looks like the Aviators will ice a halfway decent team, though I also don't see any of these guys as more than injury call-up fodder long-term for the Canucks. Which prospects will we have there? Woo? Klimovich? Maybe Juolevi goes back down?

Blue and Green

Out to lunch
Dec 17, 2017
While true - I wouldn’t underestimate the fact that it’s a pro hockey team in Fraser Valley. A lot of the guys they are signing are locals who probably love the idea of playing close to home.

I don’t know that Utica was home to a lot of pro hockey players.

I think more than that, Abbotsford is in the home market plus the Canucks own the actual team rather than just being the affiliated franchise.

Reactions: Bertuzzzi44

Catamarca Livin

Jul 29, 2010
Feel bad for Utica. Looks like the Aviators will ice a halfway decent team, though I also don't see any of these guys as more than injury call-up fodder long-term for the Canucks. Which prospects will we have there? Woo? Klimovich? Maybe Juolevi goes back down?
Utica had a decent team over the years. They went to league final and were a good offensive team last two years. People listen to Bad Goalie's game summaries and think team was terrible. It was a well stocked AHL team. Sometimes not on purpose but they always were a competitive team. The woe is me sentiment about being abandoned was always a false narrative.

Reactions: Red

orcatown

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 13, 2003
Visit site
Seemed like he might actually make the Avalanche a few seasons ago but has faded since. Another small center and with Petan makes Abby small down the middle. Good play maker ast the AHL level..

Reactions: supercanuck

NoShowWilly

Apr 4, 2010
North Delta
Hopefully it makes for a competitive and fun farm team. Hopefully it helps us graduate what few prospects we still have.

This was one of the things i thought would pay off about having our team in Abbotsford. I think AAAA players, especially local would be more willing to come play here. I think it'll also pay dividends getting young guys to play in the minors instead of going back to Europe.

m9

m9
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2010
They're definitely pouring some extra money into making the (Abbotsord) Canucks a contender next year.

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
The Canucks don't want their Abbotsford AHL team to suck right in their backyard, so they're loading up with quality players who may be fringe NHL'ers, but they're big time players in the AHL.

As far as Juolevi is concerned, he'll have to beat out Jack Rathbone at training camp....don't believe that will happen.

Get North

Aug 25, 2013
B.C.
Colorado used to use him as a 4C. He could make his way onto the NHL especially since Highmore is in the way, not the highest bar. But, the Abby Canucks should be a good team this year. The prospects are surrounded with enough talent to succeed.

F A N

Aug 12, 2005
Old buddy of Griffen Molino.

I think for all these signings I'm just going to post their connections lol.

sting101

Feb 8, 2012
Seemed like he might actually make the Avalanche a few seasons ago but has faded since. Another small center and with Petan makes Abby small down the middle. Good play maker ast the AHL level..
small like TB?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad