Confirmed with Link: Canucks sign F Phillip Di Giuseppe to 1-Year, 2-Way Deal ($750K)

F A N

Aug 12, 2005
I liked him when he was a prospect / young player in Carolina (it might have just been the hype). One time teammate of Motte in Michigan. He's Hawrluk's replacement.

biturbo19

Jul 13, 2010
I like this one. Di Giuseppe is one of those guys who i'd be pretty comfortable with as either an AHL "vet" contributor, or as a guy who isn't going to look tragically out of place as a depth forward/call-up for the NHL club. Cheap deal. The sort of piece we kind of need to have around, with a relative dearth of contributing, middle-tier prospects staffing The Farm right now.

Kinda looks like a 3-way battle between Di Giuseppe/MacEwan/Highmore for those last 2 NHL roster spots. Wouldn't be surprised if someone else is still brought in to tighten it up to those three fighting for 1 spot. Whichever the case, i wouldn't be surprised to see PDG make it as the 12/13th Forward out of camp. Though i also would not be surprised to see him sent down either.

Reactions: Get North

Braeden

Jul 14, 2009
PDG loves to lay the body. Can see him maybe snagging a 4th line spot. The competition for roster spots this year is going to be some of the toughest yet. Green and his staff will have some tough decisions to make for the 4th line.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad