Confirmed with Link: Canucks sign F Adam Cracknell (1-Year, 2-Way Deal - $575K)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kickassguy

High-End Intangible
Sep 24, 2002
Vancouver + NYC
This makes up for all the terrible moves benning has done! All hair benning!

cousin-it.png

MS

1%er
Mar 18, 2002
Vancouver, BC
Handy system guy to have as a 14th-15th forward and callup. Looked good for St. Louis late in the season a couple years ago and like he might be able to stick in the NHL full-time, but foundered a bit in Columbus last year. Basically replaces DeFazio's spot in the system and in the Utica lineup.

Local guy also, although he was born in Saskatchewan he grew up in Victoria.

biturbo19

Jul 13, 2010
This, i like a lot.

Idk if he will play for us this year. But he's about the very very best waiver ignored 4th liner you can find. And he's also a guy who can play a solid physical scoring role in the AHL. He's a guy who will play a North-South role with Utica if he doesn't stick as a Canuck...and he'll actually score points doing it.

He'll probably spend most of the year with Utica...but a physical energy player who can score some points is probably exactly what they need right now. It's superb depth for Utica in the right role...and and superb call-up depth if our young kids aren't ready for the Canucks. He can play NHL minutes, easy.

Think...30 year old Ronnie Kenis basically.

MS

1%er
Mar 18, 2002
Vancouver, BC
This, i like a lot.

Idk if he will play for us this year. But he's about the very very best waiver ignored 4th liner you can find. And he's also a guy who can play a solid physical scoring role in the AHL. He's a guy who will play a North-South role with Utica if he doesn't stick as a Canuck...and he'll actually score points doing it.

He'll probably spend most of the year with Utica...but a physical energy player who can score some points is probably exactly what they need right now. It's superb depth for Utica in the right role...and and superb call-up depth if our young kids aren't ready for the Canucks. He can play NHL minutes, easy.

Think...30 year old Ronnie Kenis basically.

Well ... let's not get carried away.

He looked good in the 2013 playoffs on the CPR line for St. Louis but is an iffy skater and has done nothing since - 0-3-3 in 36 games. And his AHL numbers fell off considerably last year.

He's definitely a useful guy to add as depth and to help Utica, so it's a good signing on face value, but I'm not nearly as high as him as I was a while back. He looked like he was going to break through as an NHL player two years ago and has regressed and is now 30.

Powder

Watch out, I bite.
Mar 14, 2011
Somewhere Up North
Our prayers have been answered!

I would think it would take a plethora of injuries to see him in the lineup, but then again, that's what I thought with MacMillan.... so what do I know.

Pip

Feb 2, 2012
Granduland
Sounds like a decent enough AHL guy and someone who hopefully won't look out of place at the NHL level if we get a bunch of injuries.

coastal_nuck

Jun 28, 2006
Can't complain about a contract of this term and price. He provides decent depth for Utica. No risk and we didn't give up anything to get him.

biturbo19

Jul 13, 2010
Well ... let's not get carried away.

He looked good in the 2013 playoffs on the CPR line for St. Louis but is an iffy skater and has done nothing since - 0-3-3 in 36 games. And his AHL numbers fell off considerably last year.

He's definitely a useful guy to add as depth and to help Utica, so it's a good signing on face value, but I'm not nearly as high as him as I was a while back. He looked like he was going to break through as an NHL player two years ago and has regressed and is now 30.

If he had broken through as an NHL player though, we would've been signing him in late August.

If that sounds overly enthusiastic...it's because they signed a guy who can play legitimate NHL minutes if he has to...and can make something of them, rather than just whittling them away. And if he most likely has to play AHL minutes...he's a guy who can play an "AHL power forward" role. That's solid too.

MS

1%er
Mar 18, 2002
Vancouver, BC
If he had broken through as an NHL player though, we would've been signing him in late August.

If that sounds overly enthusiastic...it's because they signed a guy who can play legitimate NHL minutes if he has to...and can make something of them, rather than just whittling them away. And if he most likely has to play AHL minutes...he's a guy who can play an "AHL power forward" role. That's solid too.

... except he hasn't really done that in the last 2 years, and has never done anything remotely close to what Kenins did last year.

I'm not denying it's a decent system signing (like Blair Jones) but I think you're over-rating this a bit.

arsmaster*

A few too many superbs...LOL.

I wouldn't call this superb. It's a decent depth pickup.

There are established NHL players still unsigned, Christian Ehrhoff was picked up a couple days ago. Don't agree with your first sentence.

Now they need a scoring C in Utica....looks pretty shallow on talent down there and probably another veteran Dman.

biturbo19

Jul 13, 2010
A few too many superbs...LOL.

I wouldn't call this superb. It's a decent depth pickup.

There are established NHL players still unsigned, Christian Ehrhoff was picked up a couple days ago. Don't agree with your first sentence.

Now they need a scoring C in Utica....looks pretty shallow on talent down there and probably another veteran Dman.

Certainly at least 3 less Superbs than signing Ehrhoff.

Whatever that means.

arsmaster*

Certainly at least 3 less Superbs than signing Ehrhoff.

Whatever that means.

Yeah, I can't understand the first sentence your wrote....looks like you wrote would've instead of wouldn't and I disagree.

The superb thing is just like MS said, it seems as though you're dressing this up as a superb move when it's basically a decent depth add to the very bottom of your roster.

:dunno: I guess I just have a different definition of superb....Ehrhoff, Vrbata...superb.....Adam Cracknell...decent, but definitely nothing you write home to mom about.

Nucker101

Foundational Poster
Apr 2, 2013
Good AHL signing, not expecting much else. May get a couple of games in the NHL if injuries hit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad