Confirmed with Link: Canucks Sign D Mackenze Stewart to ELC (MOD Warning Post #209)

Status
Not open for further replies.

WTG

December 5th
Jan 11, 2015
Pickle Time Deli & Market
Out of the entire 2014 draft Stewart was probably the least likely to ever get to the NHL and Benning gave him a contract LOL WTF

Virtanen = Really good chance
McCann = Really good chance
Demko = Really good chance
Tryamkin = OK chance
Forsling = OK chance
Pettit = 1/10 chance
Stewart = 1/100 chance

Mr. Canucklehead

Kitimat Canuck
Dec 14, 2002
Kitimat, BC
It's not fair to tar and feather Stewart because Subban hasn't been signed; that's not his fault.

Now, with that said, there's still plenty to be dubious about here. I realize that Stewart had to fight harder than most to get to where he is (and seriously, props to him for that), and given that he's Canuck property, I'll certainly cheer hard for him to succeed but...man. Don't particularly see NHL upside here.

m9

m9
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2010
I won't get into his NHL future (or lack of) but it's a great story for him to sign an NHL contract after not playing hockey until later on due to a medical issue. Good on him for that, at the very least.

DL44

Status quo
Sep 26, 2006
I think this is an obvious sign that Benning is active and the goal is to get our prospects under contract...

This doesn't reflect well on the Subban camp...
(but then again everything kinda already pointed in the direction the Subban camp is likely the holdouts in terms of signing)

Anyways... i think i said it at the time of reading up on him at the draft... he's my ultimate favorite prospect to cheer for... complete underdog story of epic proportions... good to see him rewarded with a contract.

He's progressing at least... hope he continues to...

PM

Glass not 1/2 full
Apr 8, 2014
LOL someone at work just asked me what I thought of Stewart and I looked at him strangely and said he might be the single worst pick of the draft. Didn't realize why he was asking me about him... :cry:

Tiranis

Jun 10, 2009
Toronto, ON
It's not fair to tar and feather Stewart because Subban hasn't been signed; that's not his fault.

Is anyone really connecting the two? Stewart is a bottom pairing, stay at home D-man at 19 years of age. I don't care how good of a story this is, you don't sign those players to NHL contracts. The path he's on, he'll be lucky to carve out an ECHL career.

Wang Gretzky

Nov 8, 2013
Benning further proves he actually believes in the notion of developing players to fit a specific role. '' he's gonna be a real good bottom pairing bruiser for us, a nice stay at home dman.'' developement doesnt work that way. He's a stay at home defenseman in the WHL he probably wont even make the AHL.

PM

Glass not 1/2 full
Apr 8, 2014
Question for the draft gurus, has a player ever made the NHL as a full-time player after putting up 11 points in their draft +1 year?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad