Canucks Schedule Released

MS

1%er
Mar 18, 2002
Vancouver, BC
2 things stand out :

1) That is a nasty travel schedule through October-November.

2) The NHL continues to insist on having the playoffs run until mid-late June when nobody cares about hockey and then starting the next regular season in mid-October when their fans are frothing for the season to start on October 1. f***ing idiotic.

SeawaterOnIce

Bald is back in style.
Sponsor
Aug 28, 2011
2 things stand out :

1) That is a nasty travel schedule through October-November.

2) The NHL continues to insist on having the playoffs run until mid-late June when nobody cares about hockey and then starting the next regular season in mid-October when their fans are frothing for the season to start on October 1. f***ing idiotic.
3) Stupid Leafs still get their 4pm start in Vancouver.

May 31, 2006
January’s schedule looks rough: TB (2x), COL (2x), PIT, CAR, FLA, EDM. And a 10 game in 17 day stretch.

Reactions: MS

SeawaterOnIce

Bald is back in style.
Sponsor
Aug 28, 2011
Also late Feb...they play in Nashville, then St Louis and then come back home to play Boston in Vancouver and then have to go back out to Dallas?

How f***ing idiotic is that?

StickShift

In a pickle 🥒
Feb 29, 2004
New York
12 out of the first 17 games are against eastern conference opponents. That is going to give the Canucks a weird relationship in the standings against all of the other Western Conference opponents the rest of the season.

vancityluongo

curse of the strombino
Sponsor
Jul 8, 2006
Edmonton
The NHL should start pre-season at the end of August and have the season start second week of September, well before the NBA starts, before October baseball, and in line with the NFL season - when people are back to watching (and gambling on) sports. That way the Cup Finals are done by mid-May (with all eyes on that vs no football, early baseball and the first round of the NBA playoffs) and you can have the draft at the start of June and free agency essentially done by Canada Day.

As for the schedule, I'll hopefully be able to grab tickets for the Dec. 23rd game in Edmonton, although it's annoying that the two times the Canucks roll through here are the season opener and a high demand Christmas game :(

Reactions: Tritsche and MS

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
Still not trying to limit travel by traveling only once to each city and playing the 2 games there.

4 central teams Canucks have to travel to twice.
6 pacific clubs that they have to travel to twice.

Josepho

i want the bartkowski thread back
Jan 1, 2015
British Columbia
Also just realized that Calgary/Edmonton only have 3 games against eachother this year.

I'm way more in favour of the NFL structure of divisions where we'd see the rival teams at a way higher rate. Vancouver/Calgary/Edmonton/Seattle would be really fun.

Reactions: alternate

timw33

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 18, 2007
Victoria
Saturday Night Home games:

Buffalo
Nashville
Arizona
Minnesota
Winnepeg
Edmonton
Philladelphia
Toronto
Ottawa
Calgary

Pretty crummy saturday night slate.

Reactions: theguardianII

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
Also just realized that Calgary/Edmonton only have 3 games against eachother this year.

I'm way more in favour of the NFL structure of divisions where we'd see the rival teams at a way higher rate. Vancouver/Calgary/Edmonton/Seattle would be really fun.
Has to be a rotation with the division.

32 vs East
24 vs central so 3 games each
16 games left vs 7 teams. 5 you play 4 times 2 you play 3 times.

Only if they make is home and home with all non division games would you feel up 8 more games within division.

Would then have 34 games vs 7 teams. 6 you play 5 times for 30 games 1 team 4 times.

If you are at most playing in another city twice might as well make it just 1 trip. Knock off the games so you don’t need a second trip there. Easier b2b and would increase the quality of the game rather than flying to another city and getting into the hotel close to 3am vs being back at the same hotel by 11pm.

rypper

21-12-05 it's finally over.
Dec 22, 2006
Not canucks but the Arizona schedule is hilarious.
IMG-20220706-WA0001.jpg

Josepho

i want the bartkowski thread back
Jan 1, 2015
British Columbia
Has to be a rotation with the division.

32 vs East
24 vs central so 3 games each
16 games left vs 7 teams. 5 you play 4 times 2 you play 3 times.

Only if they make is home and home with all non division games would you feel up 8 more games within division.

Would then have 34 games vs 7 teams. 6 you play 5 times for 30 games 1 team 4 times.

If you are at most playing in another city twice might as well make it just 1 trip. Knock off the games so you don’t need a second trip there. Easier b2b and would increase the quality of the game rather than flying to another city and getting into the hotel close to 3am vs being back at the same hotel by 11pm.
I disagree with this premise and I think we could easily do some larger scale of the NFL schedule form. I would rather have a bunch of heated games against Edmonton/Calgary than get to see the Detroit Red Wings come to town once per year.

AppleHoneySauce

Apr 26, 2021
You have to see how many scheduled wins are in Vancouver's favour, last year it was quite a lot of tired teams playing the Nux, more than they had to deal with. Vancouver had one of the easier schedules last year
Tired teams and an incredibly biased whistle. And because of that moron we couldnt even capatilize.

I guess hopefully JR can pull some strings and get us another season like that.

Canucks LB

My Favourite, Gone too soon, RIP Luc, We miss you
Oct 12, 2008
Looking at the schedule, I can see Arizona have Bedard and Matthews within the next three years, no joke.

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
I disagree with this premise and I think we could easily do some larger scale of the NFL schedule form. I would rather have a bunch of heated games against Edmonton/Calgary than get to see the Detroit Red Wings come to town once per year.
It’s the matrix as it sits now. At a minimum you will have 48/82 vs the other non division teams. 34 left to split with 7 clubs. It’s Detroit now, but means possibly no Bedard in the future should he land in the East.

That’s why there was a fuss when Sid and Ovy didn’t come every season.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad