Post-Game Talk: CANUCKS Salvage a tie vs CAPS - MAR. 11/22

Canuckle1970

Mar 24, 2010
I guess we lost the thread for last night's game, so I thought we could post some "after thoughts."

I thought we were done after 2 periods. Caps looked like a machine that wasn't going to break down. I wondered what Bruce said to them before the 3rd to wake them up, but it turns out that Miller asked for no coaches, just the players, and then they went to work in the 3rd and scored 3 goals to take the lead.

Damn that penalty on Myers, but we had a PP late in the game to break the tie and didn't. All things considered, I'll take the point.

ChuckNorris4Cup

May 31, 2018
They definitely played poorly for 2 periods and Demko again held his ground like a beast to keep the Canucks in the game. Canucks came out strong in the 3rd and definitely looked like the better team finally, and it payed off they got a point they probably didn't deserve, but take what you can.

logan5

May 24, 2011
Vancouver - Mt. Pleasant
Saw Podkolzin at the bar last night. There were a lot of people wearing Canuck jerseys there, but no one seemed to recognize him, or maybe they were leaving him alone.

orcatown

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 13, 2003
Visit site
Make a couple of points.

Thought Boudreau use of personnel in the late going was open to question. Having Horvat and Hughes out on the late PK was a mistake IMO. Good to give guys confidence and such and let them try things but I'd say do it at the right time. Also question Boeser on the PP given his lack of alertness around the net in this game. Thought Garland deserved a chance given how he was playing compared to Boeser in this game.

Horvat was much more focused and hope he can get going. Streaky player offensively and the Canucks need him to come on. Miller, Pettersson and Garland led the offense in this game and Lammikko line were again good and unlucky not to score.

Hughes, in spite of picking up three points, was way too error prone. Covid quarantine has really interrupted his season. Hamonic might have been the Canucks top d-man in this game

Motte excellent in a defensive role. Believe the Canucks must retain this player.

Chaisson hooked in the third. Poor signing and the team should have waited to pick up someone else to fill that position off waivers. There have been a number of players on waivers that are better than Chaisson and the Canucks should have anticipated this.

Hoglander showed good hustle but the harder he tries the more he lacks the control to convert chances. He is defining the idea of a sophomore slump.

Reactions: quat

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad