Recalled/Assigned: Canucks recalling F Will Lockwood from Abbotsford

wonton15

Höglander
Dec 13, 2009
Holy smokes it’s happening.

I wonder if Bruce isn’t 100% happy with Richardson and the effectiveness of that line after Motte left.

Reactions: HockeyWooot

Vector

Feb 2, 2007
Junktown
Richardson is one of the few centres on the roster so I doubt it's to replace him. I would guess, if it's not injury related, they shuffle in Lockwood for Petan. They can move the lines around a little to make it work. He has a similar style to Motte and Highmore so he makes a lot of sense as the Motte replacement on that line. Ideally Chiasson is out of the lineup and Lockwood just replaces him but I really don't think that's the way this team thinks.

Reactions: Nona Di Giuseppe

Peen

Rejoicing in a Benning-free world
Oct 6, 2013
Good. He should be playing 11-13 minutes in every game for the rest of the season.

Rathbone needs to be here too.

Continuing on with this Hunt/Richardson/Chiasson nonsense is ridiculous. Play guys who have a chance of being on the team next year.
to be fair they’ll probably re-sign hunt considering he’ll be cheap, coach likes him, teammates like him, he seems to like being here

alternate

Win the week!
Jun 9, 2006
victoria
Yeah the Chiasson love through 2 coaches is a bit mind boggling. Just don't see what they see.

I've liked Petan the past couple games at C more than I've liked Chia ever. Podz-Petan-Lockwood is a line with some potential.

Excited to see how Lockwood looks in the bigs. Setting the over/under for ice time at 8 mins though.

Reactions: B-rock

Tact

Jul 9, 2006
I think maybe management thought they were too soft and got punished last game so decided to bring up some grit?

RutherPlan

Jan 2, 2022
Finally adding more speed to the line-up. I'm guessing he replaces Chiasson or Richardson.

Second part of this equation is needing to add Rathbone to the line-up instead of Hunt.

Tact

Jul 9, 2006
Finally adding more speed to the line-up. I'm guessing he replaces Chiasson or Richardson.

Second part of this equation is needing to add Rathbone to the line-up instead of Hunt.

Hunt seems like a character guy - he would take it well

ahmon

Jun 25, 2002
Visit site
I think maybe management thought they were too soft and got punished last game so decided to bring up some grit?

Lockwood is speedy energy winger who can agitate, but if you expect 5'11 lockwood to pushback against the Greenway/Foligno/Deslaurier, thats like feeding a fox to lions.

Reactions: tyhee

Tact

Jul 9, 2006
Lockwood is speedy energy winger who can agitate, but if you expect 5'11 lockwood to pushback against the Greenway/Foligno/Deslaurier, thats like feeding a fox to lions.

Don’t expect him to match up with the heavy weights…

Regress2TheMeme

Mar 14, 2018
Excited to get a look at Lockwood. He seemed like a speedy banger when we saw him in the preseason. Canucks need players that will play the body.

m9

m9
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2010
Lockwood looked really small to me in Abbotsford, but he's effective. I actually wonder if the NHL game - at least in the regular season - will be a better fit for him than the AHL because it's not as physical.

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
I think the plan all along was to elevate Lockwood once it became apparent that Motte wasn't likely re-signing here and would probably be gone at the TDL.

The experiment with Richardson at center with Lammikko and Highmore on the wings barely lasted two games. Lockwood plays the same kind of fearless game as Motte with a non-stop motor, but probably lacks the finish.

Still, a line of Lammikko between Highmore and Lockwood will be a pain to play against....and that's the 'speed line' Boudreau is looking for.

Reactions: HockeyWooot

MS

1%er
Mar 18, 2002
Vancouver, BC
I see, so Lockwood is getting a chance. But I was told the Richardson waiver claim would completely block him, and was a big mis-fire from Allvin. Curious.

Richardson is pointless blocking someone with every game he plays.

The guy is 37, will be retired in 2 months, and has a 0% chance of being on this team next year.

A guy like Sheldon Dries is a decade younger and had a huge breakout season in the AHL and that icetime would be far better spent giving him an audition to see if he factors into next year's plans than wasting it on Richardson. Plus he's probably just a flat-out better player at this point.

Get North

Aug 25, 2013
B.C.
Lockwood looked really small to me in Abbotsford, but he's effective. I actually wonder if the NHL game - at least in the regular season - will be a better fit for him than the AHL because it's not as physical.
Bailey sure isn't small. Is he banged up because he's a quicker Chiasson

Fatass

Apr 17, 2017
Bailey sure isn't small. Is he banged up because he's a quicker Chiasson
Baily is a much faster skater than Chaisson, but becasue he processes the game so slow he actually plays slower than Chaisson. Lockwood is both fast and smart.

RutherPlan

Jan 2, 2022
Justin Bailey is a 4th line winger somewhere in the NHL. I wouldn't be surprised if another team signs him next year and he gets a full time role in the NHL.

Reactions: B-rock and Lindgren

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad